STARBASE Peterson Full Time Instructor
Department of Defense (DoD) STARBASE is a premier educational program. The focus is on at-risk populations and those who are underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) careers, to engage them in STEM academics and activities. The goal is to have these students participate in challenging “hands-on, minds-on” STEM lessons and activities in a fun. engaging way.
STARBASE Peterson is seeking a highly motivated individual who has the ability and desire to work as a member of a team. This individual needs to be a self-starter and have strong organizational skills. This position will be expected to assist instructors in a hands-on, problem solving learning environment.
Student population is 5th grade students from primarily Title 1 schools, schools with 75% of the student population is on free or reduced lunches.
· Team teach with an assistant in lesson instruction
· Prepare classroom materials
· Organize classroom set up and break down for daily lessons
· Maintain classroom and program environment
· Assist with information technology (IT) updates and operation on classroom laptops
· Bachelor’s Degree in STEM field or education
· Teacher’s license or ability to obtain within a year
· Interest in math or science education
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· At least 3 years of experience with elementary education
· Year Round
· Federal Holidays off
· School year break days off
· 8am to 4pm with a non-duty-free lunch (students on site)
· 8am to 5pm with a duty-free lunch (students NOT on site)
· Salary $41,000.00 – $45,000.00 based on level of education, credentials, years of experience.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, three work references, and academic degree or diploma/equivalent. For questions contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Patty Smathers at 719-556-9500.