Multiple Tiers of Support
The Virtualization Engineer position is responsible for performing Operations and Maintenance for a multi-location enterprise (greater than 3000 users) VMware, VSphere environment. The position is a dynamic environment and requires the ability to multitask with varying priorities. Share and communicate ideas and knowledge to all members of the virtualization team. Works closely with our storage, network, messaging, active directory, and configuration management teams. Position requires a strong security focus and team player.
Occasional weekend or shift work may be required.
- Build, configure and maintain VMware clients, servers, and architecture.
- Provide local and remote diagnostics and technical issue resolution.
- Provide outstanding customer service by interacting directly with clients on client issues.
- Communicate issues and recommendations back to leadership in clear, concise manner.
- Support other functional teams on a regular basis.
- Provide onsite client service as required.
- 2 years’ experience working with VMware 5.X or 6.X.
- Experience with ESX/ESXI.
- Experience with VSphere.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Ability to read logs and event viewer and diagnose advanced level problems.
- Good troubleshooting ability.
- Strong understanding of networking and storage concept.
- Cisco certification (Cisco routers).
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance (US Citizenship required).
- Candidate must be certified in accordance with DoD 8570 IAT Level II approved baseline certifications prior to start date.
- VMware Certified Professional V 5/6 - (VCP)
- CCNA Data Center (Preferred)
- Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
Post Offer/Pre-Employment Drug Screen required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, Valdez International Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 719-600-4570
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision