JOB OVERVIEW: This is for Pueblo, CO, and surrounding areas. Flaggers control and direct the movement of the traveling public through construction worksites using flag paddles an/or flag signals. Flaggers warn each other and/or construction workers when approaching vehicles fail to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers. Flaggers also inform drivers of detour routes, expected delays etc. Flaggers are responsible for public safety. WZTC is a DRUG FREE Workplace. Pre-employment drug screens are required. Must have valid Drivers License.
- Stand in position at the site and watch for road traffic to protect equipment and employees and the traveling public
- Ensure that proper safety equipment is worn at all times at the job sites
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
- Ability to receive and communicate specific instructions clearly, firmly and courteously
- Ability to move and maneuver quickly to avoid danger from errant vehicles
- Ability to control signaling devices (such as paddles) in order to provide clear and positive guidance to drivers approaching traffic control zone
- Ability to understand and apply safe traffic control practices, sometimes in stressful or emergency situations
- Ability to recognize dangerous traffic situations and warn workers in sufficient time
- Flagger Candidates MUST have flagger certification and valid ID.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to work all weather conditions.
- Overtime, Night and Weekend work may be required. There is no set schedule
- You MUST have the ability to lift weights of 50lbs occasionally when assisting in loading/ setting signs, stands, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Must be physically capable of performing required work.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while keeping focused.
- Physically capable of performing required work.
- MUST be reliable, courteous and professional at all times.
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
Our Work Site Locations include: Colorado Springs, Pueblo and Denver and we offer Weekly Pay.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.50 per hour