Preferred Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To manage and resolve Service Requests logged by customers (internal and external) on Oracle products and contribute to proactive support activities
according to product support strategy and model
• Owning and resolving problems and managing customer expectations throughout the Service Request life cycle in accordance with global standards
• Working towards, adopting and contributing to new processes and tools (diagnostic methodology, health checks, scripting tools, etc.)
• Contributing to Knowledge Management content creation and maintenance
• Working with development on product improvement programs (testing, SRP, BETA programs etc) as required
• Operating within Oracle business processes and procedures
• Respond and resolve customer issues within Key Performance Indicator targets
• Maintaining product expertise within the team
• Maintain an up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of new products released in the market for supported product
• Proven professional and technical experience
• 3+ years of experience in database, network or system administrator role
• Excellent verbal and written skills,
• Excelling in customer service
• Database administration and SQL: Oracle or other systems (DB2, SqlServer, etc …)
• Hands-on experience in all generic database monitoring and especially performance tuning activities with ability to troubleshoot problems in these areas.
• Good working knowledge of using tuning utilities like AWR/ASH/ADDM/SQLT etc. •
• Operating system knowledge (Unix, Linux and/or Windows)
Following technical skills are a plus:
• Programming in C, Java, Perl and/or SQL/ PL/SQL
• Understanding of Oracle Enterprise Manager features including Grid Control
• Application Server/Weblogic Server
• Storage management (EMC, Storagetek, ExaData)
• Networking administration
• Customer focus
• Structured Problem Recognition and Resolution
• Planning and organizing
Detailed Description and Job Requirements As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Principal Support Engineer, you will offer strategic technical support to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction. A primary focus is to create/utilize automated technology and instrumentation to diagnose, document, and resolve/avoid customer issues. You are expected to be an expert member of the technical problem solving/problem avoidance team, routinely sought after to address extremely complex, critical customer issues. Services may be frequently provided by on-site customer visits.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 7 years experience with Core products or eight years experience with Applications products, BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle).
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: US-CO,Colorado-Colorado Springs
Other Locations: US-FL,Florida-Orlando, US-UT,Utah-Lehi
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire