This position supports a research focused DoD customer with onsite system administrator support. The candidate in this role will provide a variety of expertise to a variety of technical customers, ensuring their systems are running, secure, and able to support their mission. In addition to the core duties, the position has the opportunity to support a variety of other functions as time and needs allow.
The role will require an all-around technical understanding of a variety of tasks that may include:
- Performing scheduled IA Compliance Testing on window systems
- Developing and maintaining Domain policies (Active Directory 2012/2016) and managing domain user accounts (DREN and BLCSE)
- Installing and configuring HBSS modules on windows systems (ePO)
- Installing/testing required Windows Operating systems patches and updates on the DREN, BLCSE, SOS and SOS-U as required
- Maintaining baseline images, test images, and applying changes and updates as required (Windows Deployment Services/SCCM)
- Maintaining the Secure Host Baseline (SHB) deployment server and deploying images as required
- Configuring, maintaining, and monitoring system and data backups for workstations, servers and storage devices (Shadow Protect / Commvault)
- Configuring and maintaining system and data backups, ensuring critical data is archived offsite
- Configuring and maintaining windows-based network storage devices
- Configuring and maintaining the McAfee SIEM/ESM, which includes creating and modifying reports and alarms
- Ensuring proper windows event logging (McAfee Collector)
- Managing the UserLock service
- Configuring and maintaining the ManageEngine ServicePro Plus server
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a secret clearance
- Candidate should have at least 2 years of System Administration support and exposure to the multiple tasks listed above
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
CFD Research offers competitive salaries and excellent employee benefits, including an employer matching 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). CFD Research offers a highly competitive insurance package, including medical, vision, and dental insurance. We offer company paid long-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, and life insurance. Performance appraisals occur each year and pay increases are based upon corporate goals, personal development, performance, and outstanding achievements. In addition, group and individual bonuses are awarded for exceptional performance.
About the Company
CFD Research is the technology leader in engineering simulations and innovative designs. Our services are used by many Fortune 500 and emerging high-tech companies, national laboratories, and universities worldwide. CFD Research develops cutting-edge technologies (software & hardware, designs and prototypes) with Federal agencies and provides the highest possible leverage to our industry partners. CFD Research is a woman-owned small business and is nationally recognized for successful commercialization of innovative technologies.
CFD Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.