This position is located at Schriever AB, in Colorado Springs and is part of the Theater Deployment Systems (TDS) O&M team performing 24x7 site operations and maintenance on Temporary Duty (TDY) at a moment’s notice. Trips may be for a few days or up to 90 days at CONUS and OCONUS locations around the world. Candidate must be flexible with travel. Successful candidates will operate and maintain Windows, Unix, Networks, Communications, Crypto systems and equipment. Candidate will have Crypto Responsible Officer (CRO) responsibilities. When not deployed, candidate will support 24x7 shifts as a Computer Operations Support Analyst, Net Defender, Network Monitoring Analyst and/or Level 2 in the C2BMC Command Center (CCC) at the MDIOC. During MDA test events, candidate will deploy and install C2BMC systems to field sites and perform Operations and Maintenance, this includes setup of communication shelters perform preventative maintenance of Computer Hardware, Software and all associated equipment. - Other duties as assigned.Technical/Security Certifications
Minimum of Security+ required Technical Skill Required:
- Candidate should have a thorough understanding of Systems/Network Administration in an Operations & Maintenance environment, to include UNIX, Linux, Windows and Cisco IOS.
- Experience problem solving and troubleshooting complex, distributed DoD systems with the ability to perform/support software and hardware upgrades and installs.
- The ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware failures down to the LRU.
- Ability to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco network equipment such as routers and switches.
- Ability to maintain Firewall and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Working knowledge of Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN)
- Ability to operate/update encryption devices, (KG-175) - Ability to perform COMSEC Responsible Officer (CRO) functions as required.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience.Other:
Position is based out of Colorado Springs, however extensive travel of up to 75% can be expected. Candidate will support 24x7 shift work at Schriever AB and be assigned to a shift based on mission requirements when not on travel. Desired Skills:
- Working knowledge of the Air Defense Systems Integrator (ADSI)
- Basic understanding of TADIL J (Link 16)
- Knowledge of NSITE equipment
- Ability/willingness to perform maintenance on Air Conditioning and possibly Generator unitsThis position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.