Sustainment Configuration Management Analyst
Colorado Springs, CO
Engility, the sole provider of the Remote Sensing (SMC/RS) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in Colorado Springs, CO has an immediate need for an experienced Configuration Management (CM) Analyst. This position will support the Configuration Management/Data Management Team and will support the SMC/RSL acquisition, development, production, and sustainment programs by planning, coordinating, and reviewing CM/DM products related to SBIRS ground and space systems. Major duties of the position include:
- Supporting change identification and control of CM documentation in the review, processing and approval of Change Requests (CRs).
- Tracking, forecasting, processing, reporting and documenting CRs and Change Board activities and ensuring artifacts are housed within the CM document repository.
- Assessing ground systems being delivered to SMC/RSL for sustainment and making recommendations regarding program and engineering documentation needed to support sustainment of those systems throughout the system life cycle.
- Assessing new contracts related to sustainment modifications and ensuring contracts specify delivery of appropriate engineering data and program documentation necessary to support sustainment of delivered systems throughout their projected life cycles.
- Participating in SMC/RSL and SMC/RS Change Board meetings and providing agendas, minutes and resolution of CM issues.
- Developing and implementing Configuration Management (CM) activities and processes to meet SMC/RS Enterprise requirements. Task will include preparation for baseline and verification audits, baseline data control, tracking of CM data and artifacts, and validation of CM data in support of SBIRS sustainment programs and projects.
- Interfacing with a wide range of customers and stakeholders at various levels on a daily basis to support the analysis of CRs and CM issues, development of potential solutions, and preparation of acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- 8+ years of demonstrated Configuration Management experience
- Strong, proactive individual who takes the initiative to identify, own and solve customer problems
- Configuration Management experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of a DoD program with proven delivery record.
- Experience with SMC, USAF, and DoD acquisition, sustainment and Systems Engineering processes.
- Thorough knowledge of hardware and software development lifecycles and CDRL development process.
- Strong computer skills, and must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- Active TS/SCI Highly Desired
- Knowledge and experience in CM and DM
- Experience with Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Experience with databases, Sharepoint and/or HTML development and sustainment
- Experience in Technical Publications