Colorado Springs Utilities is looking to fill two (2) Strategic Sourcing Specialist positions; one (1) will be at the Senior level and one (1) for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist (entry-level). In this job, you will be responsible for establishing, managing and enhancing relationships with our strategic business customers. The Procurement team operates under the Supply Chain Group within the Customer and Corporate Services Division.
**These positions will be filled at the senior or entry level depending on the qualifications, experience, and certification level of the successful candidates.
- Responsible for sourcing events, strictly adheres to procurement policies and procedures and compliance with fair sourcing practices
- Interprets and advises on contractual issues concerning policies, processes, and legal practices in order to mitigate risks and resolve issues
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and municipal laws and regulations
- Participates in supplier diversity programs, including emphasis on local, small business, minority, veteran-owned, woman-owned and other special class suppliers
- Facilitates formal sourcing procedures for goods and services, construction & engineering services, and awarding formal and informal bid contracts and purchase orders
- Negotiates commercial and legal terms & conditions
- Conducts analysis to determine qualified suppliers for goods and services
- Responds to and develops solutions for inquiries and issues from internal customers
- Advises Project Manager on proper sourcing method by evaluating factors such as: risk analysis, budget and cost and timing requirements
- Partners with City Attorney’s office – Utilities Division to ensure consistency with the contract assessment process
- Facilitates cost analysis, negotiations and strategies to achieve cost savings
- Develops, writes and edits proposals and associates documents
- Evaluates supplier performance and reliability
Why should you apply? As a professional in these positions, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of stakeholders across organizational boundaries, develop and implement process improvements, develop and implement solutions to issues and concerns and build relationships with suppliers, and work with a team that prides itself on keeping customers first.
What will it take to be successful?
The ideal candidates for the entry level position will come with 3 or more years of sourcing experience working with internal and external stakeholders and a proven track record of success in building relationships within these groups. Additionally, knowledge of industry processes and regulations is preferred. A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management, Supply Chain Management or a closely related field is mandatory. Certification(s) such as CPP, CPM, or CPSM are a plus.
- Pay range for the Strategic Sourcing Specialist is $60,950/yr to $76,197/yr
The ideal candidates for the senior level position will come with 5 or more years of sourcing experience, the ability to act as subject matter expert and analyze and interpret complex contractual issues, and work with internal and external stakeholders and a proven track record of success in building relationships within these groups. Additionally, knowledge of industry processes and regulations is preferred. A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management, Supply Chain Management or a closely related field is mandatory. Certification(s) such as CPP, CPM, or CPSM are a plus.
- Pay range for the Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist is $73,734/yr to $92,168/yr
What a career at Colorado Springs Utilities can offer you…
- At Colorado Springs Utilities, we are committed to living our values of Safety, People, Trust, Responsibility, Collaboration, and Continuous Improvement. In addition to a great location and dynamic work, we offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and generous time off, all while working in the shadow of beautiful Pikes Peak!
- We are a diverse team of professionals who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community through new and innovative technologies.
- We understand employees have competing priorities. That is why we have created an environment which embraces teamwork and flexibility.
Join a diverse team of high performers who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community!
Colorado Springs Utilities offers a comprehensive benefits program to help you and your family protect your health and financial security.
Voluntary Wellness Program
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Colorado PERA Pension
Retirement Saving Programs
PERA Roth 401(k)
ICMA Roth IRA
ICMA 457 Roth
Employee Assistance Program
Long-Term Care Insurance