Specimen Processing Specialist
Colorado Springs, CO
- Prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing.
- Unpacks specimens from branches or ports and routes specimens by type to various staging areas.
- Prepares all specimens received for testing in designated laboratory departments or locations such as staging of specimens, centrifuge,separate serum, and blood smears.
- Aliquots sample for departments.
- Prepares excess specimen for storage and resolves and document problem specimens.
- This position is located in Colorado Springs- Evans Army Hospital .
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of medical/clinical laboratory experience is preferred but not required
- Professional customer service
- Comfortable handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong data entry and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Able to pass a standardized color blind test
ScheduleMonday - Friday: 10:00am - 4:00pm