GDIT is looking for a Service Desk Specialist who holds TS/SCI (poly preferred) for a full time position, located in Colorado Springs, CO.
GDIT will provide DoDIIS (Department of Defense Intelligence Information System) customers worldwide with an ESOC consisting of Self-Help Knowledge Portals, remote Service Desk resolution support, and in-field customer engagement support. GDIT will be the first point of contact for IT problem resolutions helping to increase user satisfaction, reduce resolution time, and consolidate and standardize remote and in-field customer support at the enterprise level.
Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems. Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records. May route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists. Maintains and updates records and tracking databases. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
*This position does require employees to work one weekend day a month.
Essential job functions
• Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with H/W, S/W and application problems includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
• Provides polite and customer friendly service support for problem resolution
• Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier 1. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
• Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools
• Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops and common windows applications
• Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
• Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
• HS degree or equivalent & 0+ year’s related experience
• Active TS/SCI clearance required (CI poly preferred or must be able to obtain)
• Technical certification to meet 8570 IAT II compliance required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.