The Sales Associate is responsible for the following results:
• Providing sales and product expertise for account maintenance activity; engaging with Sales Executives in support of our customers, offering a seamless transition through the sales process resulting in a better customer experience.
• Responding to corporate account bid solicitations, pricing proposals and customer requests accurately and in a timely manner.
• Providing order support by verifying customer information is current or setting up a new customer, securing credit application for new customer, generating a quote number, processing the order, and submitting to accounting for invoicing of office furniture product or related items ensuring customer satisfaction both internally and externally.
• Handling all small orders where design is not involved, deciphering a solution for the client.
• Creating job order packets or other related sales order information and delivering to Project Management (including purchase order, status reports, project checklist, labor quote, and drawings if applicable) in a timely manner
• Provides order status updates to both internal and external customers.
• Cover client walk-ins
• Manage showroom communication and upkeep, including, answering the CS phone line, maintaining the library, and managing vendor presentations.
• Miscellaneous activities to include: coordinating demo product, obtaining samples for customers, checking on COM’s and researching ancillary product for customer solutions.
• Managing work activities against tight deadlines and departmental priorities while showing the agility to adjust to changes as needed to support the business and achieve company and the customers’ goals.
• Contributing to process improvements by making suggestions and implementing changes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The preferred candidate has noteworthy experience in the following areas:
• Customer focused - discovering what is important to the customer (internal and external) and responding to it.
• Communicating effectively by interacting in a clear and compelling way that builds understanding and commitment with a wide range of people, both within and outside the company.
• Proven leadership skills, assertive, self-confident, self-starter, as well as have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
• Ability to exercise discretion and judgment in administering policies and procedures.
• Demonstrating integrity and trust by acting ethically and gaining the trust and respect of others
• Ability to coordinate, plan, organize or manage multiple responsibilities and high volume workload effectively with speed and accuracy. Achieving results by driving issues to closure and getting the job done on time.
• Demonstrating teamwork and collaboration by building and sustaining productive working relationships across a diverse spectrum of people.
• Demonstrating flexibility and adaptability by being able to change course swiftly and purposefully when the needs of the business change.
• Must possess a valid driver license and a good driving record.
• Works effectively and proficiently with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office within a Windows environment.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
• Modeling a culture of involvement that includes:
• Relationships: Placing a high priority on developing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships among each other, our customers, and our community.
• Inspired Thinking: Valuing curiosity, creativity, and talents to solve problems and deliver the highest quality work.
• Collaboration: Believing in and act with positive intent to create an environment of trust and integrity.
• Excellence: Striving for excellence and call upon imagination to see hurdles as opportunities for growth and improvement.
EDUCATION, FORMAL TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
The preferred candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B. S.) from an accredited college or university in business or related field; or a minimum of 2 years in a sales support or administrative role.