Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Academy Bank and Armed Forces Bank provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, veteran or military status, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition or disability (physical or mental).
Retail Personal Bankers are front-line associates primarily responsible for processing customer bank transactions and occasionally assisting with account opening. Successful Retail Personal Bankers are enthusiastic about delivering excellent customer service, conducting accurate banking transactions in a fast-paced environment, maintaining accurate business records, and working with a team to achieve individual and group goals. Many of our company leaders started out as Personal Bankers, and we continue to provide excellent opportunities to those interested in a career in banking.
- Provides fast, easy, and personal service consistent with Company's customer service standards, including greeting customers and making them feel welcome to Academy Bank
- Processes bank transactions including receiving checks and cash for deposit, verifying deposit amounts and examining checks for proper endorsement, cashing of checks and paying out money after customer verification
- Balances and maintains record of all funds involved in transactions.
- Balances currency, coin and checks in teller drawer at the end of shift.
- Adheres to all bank compliance, security and operational policies and procedures as well as financial loss standards.
- Plays an essential role in finding the right solutions for customers.
- Explains, promotes and/or sells bank products and services.
- Recommends additional products/services to customers and non-customers.
- Maintains customer information in complete confidence.
- Proven ability to consistently meet or exceed established goals for the position.
- Complete other specified duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance required, working at the work site during regular business hours and/or assigned hours
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years in a customer-facing role
- Cash handling experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Basic math and counting skills
- Attention to detail
- Sales experience
- Work well with others and is a dependable team member.
- Excel at multitasking
- Ability to organize work
- Experience in typing, phone and ten-key operation
- Working knowledge of common computer programs (i.e. Windows, MS Office, Email, etc.)
- Should be available to work evenings and weekends if the assigned branch is open during those hours.
The work environment is typical of standard office and retail banking settings. The position is medium work, exerting up to 35 pounds of force occasionally, and worker sits often, including for customer meetings and computer work, but worker will frequently stand or walk throughout different areas of banking center and when conducting outside sales activities. Standing and walking may be required for sustained periods of time for moving from one work site to another both inside and outside the banking center and for conducting banking transactions. Periodic driving for outside sales activities. Reaching may be required involving extending arms in any direction. Office equipment, such as a computer and telephone will be used, requiring the use of hands and fingers to manipulate a keyboard or keypad. Visual ability to read a computer screen or written documents is necessary. Speaking ability to express or exchange ideas; impart oral information to customers, staff, or to the public; or convey detailed or important spoken instructions by means of the spoken word is required. Hearing is necessary to receive detailed information through oral communication.