Quality Assurance Technician I
Colorado Springs, CO
Quality Assurance Technician I
A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Under limited to no supervision, the Quality Assurance Technician performs a variety of complex equipment calibrations in support of the manufacturer and testing of electronic products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Capable of directing and coordinating work activities with other team members. Keeps supervisor advised of progress, interruptions, material shortages, or other work flow data.
- Capable of performing operations in one or more of the quality function areas; Incoming evaluation, In-line monitors/audits, end-of-line inspections or audits, or end-of-line Quality Conformance Inspections
- Assist with training other personnel in all phases of the responsible work areas
- Capable of supporting implementing a SPC control chart.
- Assist in the performance of audits of production and quality operations and systems to assure compliance to the documented procedures and customer specifications.
- Assist with corrective actions to quality procedures to assure closure of noted deficiencies.
- Communicate with other technicians and engineers such that resolution of problem areas can be addressed and corrected.
- Performs duties in support of product quality and productivity such as setting up log sheets, logging activities, plotting trend charts, etc.
- Maintain knowledge in the use of the UTMC computer systems to generate data and reports on the Quality Assurance functions.
- Support troubleshooting and repair of equipment under area responsibility; familiar with theory of operation.
- Write and sustain equipment operation and product inspection documentation used by Quality Assurance.
- Assist with coordination of customer source inspections.
- Compile data pack documentation in meeting customer requirements and review documentation to meet customer requirements.
- Perform specialized functions on a project basis rather than routine support of metrology functions. May involve collection and analysis of data applying a broad knowledge of functions, operating methods and policies on the engineering organization and the Company
Budgeting and Fiscal Responsibilities:
- High School Education with minimum of 4 years’ experience. Or an Associate’s Degree (AS) from a two year technical college/school.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Government Security Clearance:
- Prepare purchasing and capital equipment requisitions for management approval.
- Security Clearance may be required.
- Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office software and knowledgeable in calibration routines and calibration equipment tracking software.
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.