Responsible for the development of application and reporting solutions to address business needs. Understands business processes and the systems utilized to implement business processes to achieve Company goals. Reviews data for enterprise-wide Customer Care operations, programs and initiatives that support and enhance the Company's commitment to customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Understands policies, procedures, and practices for analysis of business performance and impact.
- Builds and implements reporting and application solutions to provide increased efficiency and consistency, higher employee satisfaction, and reduced costs. Focuses on efforts that reduce unwanted call volume into the business.
- Produces summary, trending and detailed reporting for key performance indicators and business initiatives utilizing data housed in multiple databases/systems.
- Investigates and performs root cause analysis of complex nature. Creates reports and data driven presentations with impact - identifies trends and occurrences in data and translates findings into various mediums including text, charts, graphs, displays and tables.
- Creates company-wide benchmark reports and interprets results in order to improve overall operations. Makes recommendations based on data for process improvement and strategic business decision making.
- Develops communication documentation to support deployment of reporting and application solutions to end users.
- Produces ad hoc reports to answer business questions quickly and thoroughly.
- Compiles executive level reporting as required.
- Works with various call centers and cross-functional departments.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Ability to perform detailed business analysis and design
- Ability to effectively consult with department managers and leaders
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering
- Knowledge of cable television products and services
- Knowledge of operating systems including NT, desktop productivity software and client/server system architecture
- Knowledge of database/reporting systems (SQL, Oracle, .NET, Crystal, etc)
- Knowledge of basic ETL concepts and systems (SSIS, Informatica)
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (TSQL, PLSQL)
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services
- Knowledge of general accounting and billing procedures
- Vision ability close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Business, Statistics, Math, Economics or related field, equivalent training, education and experience
Related Work Experience
3 Years Cable industry experience
2 Years Overall general systems and applications experience
1 Year Data collection and database design
1 Year SQL Server Integration Services
1 Year SQL Server Reporting Services
2 Years TSQL Query Design