The YMCA of the Pikes Peak region is looking for a responsible and organized individual to join our Banning Lewis team as a Program & Event Coordinator.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Program and Events Coordinator for Banning Lewis Ranch (BLR) at the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region will plan and organize programs and events for residents of the community, including but not limited to large cultural events, youth programs, adult activities and fitness related events. The Program and Events Coordinator will be responsible for researching and gaining a deeper understanding of the requirements and details needed to run events that specifically meet the needs of Banning Lewis Ranch. The individual will plan and organize in accordance with the annual budget, build relationships and work cooperatively with Oakwood homes, community vendors and the BLR Metro District. The coordinator will oversee the schedule of part-time event staff and will report to the Program and Operations Director.
Full time - to work 40 hours a week. Times may vary Monday - Sunday
PROGRAM & EVENTS COORDINATOR REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum age 21
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related fields with 1-2 years of experience in event planning or running programs.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule based on the specific needs of the community including some holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well and effectively communicate with a diverse population in a wide variety of situations via telephone, e-mail and face to face
- Ability to set work priorities and handle multiple tasks while ensuring processing and policy deadlines are met
PROGRAM & EVENTS COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Program and Operations Director in planning a calendar of programs and events for BLR residents utilizing the Vista Park Pavilion and Ranch House locations
- Efficiently plan and execute large events for over 1,000 residents
- Research costs of vendors and supplies
- Purchase supplies
- Set up/clean up events; tables, chairs, decorations, etc.
- Work events and allocate job duties to part-time staff
- Keep inventory of current supplies
- Create weekly schedule for part-time event staff
- Conflict resolution
- Work cooperatively with Oakwood Homes on the summer concert series, 4th of July celebration and annual pig roast.
- Work cooperatively with other YMCA departments in setting up and executing their programs; sports, healthy living and membership.
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Free Family Membership
- Program discounts:
- 50% off – Personal Training, Private Swim Lessons, Resident Camp
- 100% off – Before & After School Care, Day Camp, Swim Lessons, Sports, Enrichment and Ignite/Small Group training
- Generous retirement benefits - 12% after eligibility is met
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Life Insurance
CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION:
Support the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
The YMCA has zero tolerance for abuse. We will report all suspected and/or allegations of abuse to the state and federal law.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is a Drug and Alcohol Free work environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.