Product Support Manager
EBS Financials, Account Receivables
Brief Posting Description
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. You will be responsible for the direct management of a team of technical/functional support engineers in the EBS Financials Account Receivables product family.
As a Support Manager you will have successfully managed people in the past or you have the ability to manage teams to engineers, in addition to having been an effective technical contributor. You may also be responsible for one or more functional areas chartered with both staff and customer goals. Overall, you will establish and communicate departmental objectives and implement plans to assure attainment while ensuring proper utilization of resources.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas or sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet business needs. BS (or technical equivalent) is preferred. Five or more years of technical or professional experience, in addition to three or more years of experience in a management role.
Additional DetailsDistinguishing Characteristics:
The Manager has successfully managed people in the past or you can show that you have the ability to manage teams of engineers, in addition to having been an effective technical contributor. The Senior Manager may be responsible for one or more functional areas chartered with both staff and customer goals.Example of Duties:
- Establishes and communicates departmental objectives and implements
plans to assure attainment
- Translates departmental goals into performance objectives for each team
member and measures departmental and individual performance against
plan; routinely coaches first line managers to maximize performance
- Carefully prepares and presents employee work plans and performance
appraisals on time
- Jointly develops and implements an employee development plan for each
- Recommends tactical strategies and improvement ideas to senior
- Ensures proper utilization of resources, including resource readiness (i.e.,
hiring and training) and provides justification for additional resource requests
- Develops and implements operating model and consistent business
practices including workflow, scheduling and coverage models for area(s) of
- Develops a business plan for each area and ensures high quality in the
attainment of deliverables and creates operating budgets for all areas
managed - prudently manages budget
- Participates in business continuation planning
- Delivers competency focused projects
- Totally committed to the delivery of outstanding support and service to
- Convenes and motivates cross-functional task forces to improve quality and
- Rapidly responds to resolve critical “customer” situations decisively,
redirecting resources as needed
Maintains high departmental morale and retains team membersKnowledge and Skills:Technical:
- In-depth knowledge of products/platforms and their uses in other professional
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Exceptional motivational and leadership skills
- Effective as a team member both within and outside the support organization
- Capable of managing several high level priorities simultaneously without
- Capable of presenting highly technical information clearly and concisely
- Highly self-motivated
- Pro-active, well organized and a thorough planner
- Good business understanding as well as clear understanding of the impact of
internal decisions on the support organization and company as a whole
Highly skilled at problem-solving
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent situation-management skills
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a first-level manager who has performed technical or professional duties in a support environment, a significant component of your duties will entail gaining knowledge of policies affecting staff and in development of effective management skills. You will interact frequently with customers and other managers. Bottom line, you will establish and communicate departmental objectives and implement plans to assure attainment of goals. Your team is likely to be comprised primarily of technical or other professionals.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. BS (or technical equivalent). In addition, 5 or more years of technical or professional experience in addition to one or more years of experience in a management or other leadership role (preferably in a support environment).Colorado Pay Range:
From $76,309 to $141,400 per annum Eligible for bonus and equity
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.