- Procures materials, equipment, and commodity products of low to medium complexity and value for government programs.
- Negotiates with suppliers, evaluates bids, and selects suppliers based on price, delivery, quality, and service.
- Resolves problems and makes recommendations. Interfaces with materiel, engineering, quality, and program management.
- Monitors activities against department objectives and submits performance reports to management.
- Utilizes MRP systems, PeopleSoft financial system, Supplier Rating System, RI Web Applications, and Supplier Net applications.
- Assists in development of strategic supplier relationships.
- Participates on projects/teams as assigned.
- Identifies process improvements and facilitates implementation.
- Attends meetings & conference calls with programs to manage more complex procurements.
- Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- 5 years of purchasing, supply chain, or operations experience
- Excellent communication and written skills are necessary
- Negotiation and follow-up skills
- PC skills in MS office, with Word and Excel formats essential
- Ability to follow through with work assignments, shows dedication to producing work of the highest quality and strong skills in driving tasks to closure
- Experience in Space Businesses and with Hi-Rel requirements
- Detail oriented and organized
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.