Job Title: Principal Software Engineer
Type: Full Time (Immediate)
Location: Colorado, United States
- U.S. citizen and active Secret clearance required; TS/SCI clearance preferred.
- Candidate must be located within commuting distance of Colorado Springs, Colorado or be willing to relocate to the area. Some remote work will be possible.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Computer Science or related engineering discipline from an accredited college or university. One year of relevant education may be substituted for one year of required experience. One year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
A successful candidate will possess a minimum of 8-10 years industry experience in full-stack software development, agile team management, and technical leadership. Candidate shall have experience developing, maturing, and documenting system requirements in collaboration with customers and program stakeholders. Candidate shall possess excellent oral and written communication skills to efficiently coordinate with team members, project management, and program stakeholders.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the Lead Software Developer & Scrum Master on a medium sized software development team using lean and agile development principles
- Facilitate development team meetings, such as sprint planning, daily scrum tag ups, sprint demos, & sprint retrospectives
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior developers including annual performance reviews, coaching, and career development
- Lead the design, development, testing and deployment of the application database, back-end server code, and front-end user interface using modern UI/UX techniques
- Support the Discovery and Framing process for the user interface and follow-on end user interviews to gather user requirements
- Support the delivery of applications from unclassified development environments to classified staging and production environments using DevSecOps and CI/CD best practices
- Implement automated test-driven development practices leveraging CI/CD
- Perform technical assessments of legacy applications. Refactor legacy applications into a 12-factor application SW architecture. Decompose legacy architectures into microservices architecture.
- Develop, utilize, and maintain a secure coding guide including language specification, required constructs/practices/patterns, prohibited constructs, practices, patterns, and software comment requirements
- Implement formal code inspection using commercial best practices to identify potential functionality flaws and security vulnerabilities
- Complete Weekly and Monthly Status Reports
- Experience with DoD information systems, networks, and security
- Experience with Lean/Agile development methodologies such as (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with architecting and designing software systems on cloud platforms
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment strategies
- Knowledge and application of container, orchestration, and container platform technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Knowledge and application of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) technologies, such as, GitLab, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Cucumber, JUnit, pytest, Nexus, Fortify, SonarQube, Twistlock, and Grafana
- Knowledge and application of database and data storage technologies such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cloudera, Prometheus, PostgreSQL, and/or MySQL.
- Experienced with source control and code repository tools such as GitLab, GitHub, or Bitbucket
- Experience developing within Windows and/or Linux environments
- Experience with software architecture development leveraging open standards, microservices, and model-based engineering tools to articulate software designs
- Strong communication skills and team collaboration required
- Familiarity with PlatformOne, CloudOne, AWS, Party Bus, or Big Bang
- Experience with Space Weather Processing and Protocols
- Experience with DoD RMF processes and practices
This position requires at a minimum, a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
Giuseppe Engineering, LLC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.