Microchip Technology Inc. has a Principal Engineer-Analog Design opening based in Colorado Springs, CO that will develop integrated circuits for a broad range of markets. In this role, the successful candidate with be responsible for the development of analog elements within the integrated circuits, which includes evaluation of requirements; schematic and physical design and verification; support of validation and silicon debugging. Common product markets include Power Management, Gate Drivers, Electrical Vehicles, USB Power Delivery, Ultrasound, Haptics, and other high-voltage applications.
- Perform analog design and verification across multiple process technologies
- Work within an Engineering team developing new integrated circuit products
- Generate circuit schematics and conduct simulations to support design verification
- Guide physical layout in support of design goals
- Produce documentation of verification results
- Evaluate completed integrated circuits through lab testing
Wellness & Medical Benefits effective on your First Day of Employment
Gold Standard in Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental & Vision Benefits
Free on-site medical clinic staffed by a licensed and certified Nurse Practitioner.
On-site fitness center
Quarterly Employee Cash Bonus Plan
Restricted Stock Grant
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
401K Retirement Savings Plan
Paid Time Off
Absence Time - "Sick Pay"
10 Paid Holidays
- Education Requirement: Bachelors, MSEE or PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of MS + 8.5 years of experience or Ph.D.
- Experience with Cadence, design tools, simulators, layout tools, parasitic extractions tools, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of CMOS design techniques for analog building blocks such as opamps, comparators, voltage references, oscillators, current sources, ADCs, DACs, drivers, LDOs, etc.
- Good communication skills and ability to work closely with multiple functions and applications and test engineers in the development of ATE test systems and IC performance verification.
- Working knowledge of device physics, device models and understanding of process technologies
- Familiarity with standard lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers
- Design experience in power management circuits and/or high voltage circuit design.
- Experience in mixed signal design, AMS, and VerilogA.
Travel Time:0% - 25%
Physical Attributes:Carrying, Feeling, Handling, Hearing, Seeing, Talking, Works Alone, Works Around Others
Physical Requirements:Work Hours: Monday to Friday (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM); 70% sitting, 15% standing, 15% walking
Microchip Technology Inc is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.