This position is located in Colorado Springs - Colorado Springs is listed as #2 of best places to live in the U.S. (according to U.S. News & World Report)
For more information for living in working in Colorado Springs please click the following link http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
With a regional team of more than 550 team members – including 45 providers across more than 20 medical specialties – Children’s Colorado has been present in southern Colorado since 2001 and now has team members at four locations providing outpatient specialty care, inpatient care, emergent care, therapy care and urgent care services. Scheduled to open in early 2019, the new Children’s Hospital Colorado—Colorado Springs will be the first pediatric-only hospital in the region. Once completed, it will be the most comprehensive children’s hospital between Denver, Dallas, Phoenix and Kansas City and will include the region’s only emergency department and operating rooms built just for kids and served by pediatric experts who have dedicated their lives to treating kids – and only kids – and who will be directly linked to one of the country’s leading pediatric academic medical centers. A career at Children's Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child.
This exciting opportunity will not only give you the ability to lead a diverse team of pediatric experts, you will also have the chance to build and grow a successful team in a new hospital in one of the most beautiful cities in the country!
Learn about Children’s and our Culture: https://www.youtube.com/user/thechildrenshospital
Department: COS Revenue Cycle
Hours per week: 20 or 24
- Saturday & Suday 1100-2300 (benefit eligible)
- Monday-Friday 1600-2000 (benefit eligible)
- PRN (non benefit eligible)
The Patient/Family Service Specialist provides administrative support and high level customer service support to patients, families, internal team members, providers and referring practices. The Specialist provides admission, registration, scheduling (surgery and/or clinic), check in/check out and/or customer service support for providers, patients and families. Additional duties may include, but are not limited to, collecting copays; performing basic telephone triage duties; copying, scanning and/or filing various documents; and supporting insurance management functions.
Population Specific Care
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Provides non-clinical support of the telephone screening/triage functions.
- Provides and obtains signatures for the appropriate treatment consents forms from patients/families.
- Provides patient support services which may include scheduling, registration, patient reception, patient check in/out and follow-up visit support.
- Supports health insurance management functions by collecting patient insurance information, documenting the patient’s method of payment and/or collecting copays and other payments. May also include supporting referrals and pre-authorizations and benefits/eligibility determinations.
- Obtains and documents patient demographic information.
- Receives inbound and/or places outbound patient calls in order to schedule appointments or surgeries, complete registration functions and to route calls as appropriate.
- Performs data entry functions, including entering patient demographic information and patient updates in a medical records system.
- Conducts patient and family rounding to ensure patient’s/family’s comfort level.
- Provides a high level of customer service support and assistance to patients, families, physicians and other internal/external customers.
- Supports patient safety by adhering to all infection control policies and safety guidelines.
- Utilizes and remains up-to-date with department office operations and established policies and procedures.
- BUILDING CUSTOMER LOYALTY - Meeting and exceeding internal or external customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
- COLLABORATING - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- COMMUNICATION - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVITY – Is sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, and other individual differences in the workforce; recognizes the value of diverse perspectives and experiences and fosters a work environment reflective of the community at large.
- MANAGING WORK - Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- QUALITY ORIENTATION - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Must have proficient knowledge of basic office equipment.
SCOPE AND LEVEL
Guidelines: Guidelines are generally numerous, well established, and directly applicable to the work assignment. Work assignment and desired results are explained by general oral or written instructions.
Complexity: Duties assigned are generally repetitive and restricted in scope but may be of substantial intricacy. Employee primarily applies standardized practices.
Decision Making: Decisions or recommendations on non-standardized situations are limited to relating organizational policies to specific cases. Brings non routine issues to supervisor. Problems that are not covered by guidelines or are without precedent are taken up with the supervisor.
Communications: Contacts with the public or employees where explanatory or interpretive information is exchanged, gathered, or presented and some degree of discretion and judgment are required within the parameters of the job function.
Supervision Received: Under normal supervision, within a standardized work situation, the employee performs duties common to the line of work without close supervision or detailed instruction. Work product is subject to continual review.
- EDUCATION – High School Diploma or equivalent.
- EXPERIENCE – One year of administrative and customer service experience in an office or clinical setting.
- EQUIVALENCY – A relevant associate or bachelor degree may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
- CERTIFICATION(S) –N/A
- LICENSURE – N/A
Ability to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
- Audio-Visual: Color Discrimination – Fair
- Audio-Visual: Depth Perception – Fair
- Audio-Visual: Near Vision: Good
- Audio-Visual: Far Vision: Good
- Audio Visual: Hearing: Good
- Motion: Bend : Up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Reach up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Carry up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Pull up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Push up to 1/3 of the time
- Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: Up to 10 lbs. or more, up to 1/3 of the time
- General Activity: Stand/Walk up to 4hrs a day
- Use of hands/feet: Precise Motion Function (or fine manipulation)
- Equipment: telephone, computers, fax machines, copiers, reading reports/graphs
- Exposure: Exposure to blood/body fluid: Occasional
- Exposure: Exposure to cold/heat: Occasional
- Exposure: Exposure to infectious disease: Occasional
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Manages stress appropriately
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works with other effectively
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Be aware that none of the questions are intended to imply illegal preferences or discrimination based on non-job-related information.