Compassion. It’s the starting point for health care providers like you and it’s what drives us every day as we put our exceptional skills together with a real feeling of caring for others. This is a place where your impact goes beyond providing care one patient at a time. Because here, every day, you’re also providing leadership and contributing in ways that can affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Make a professional, courteous impression to external and internal customers by greeting, registering, collecting payments, arriving, scheduling appointments and assisting with any problems included in the check in/check out process
- Ensure all patients and guests feel comfortable and welcome
- Accurately obtain and enter information in a timely manner and according to standards in appropriate systems
o Group Cast – demographic and insurance information, insurance eligibility, posting of collected payments and arrival of each patient. This includes established and new patients, newborns, visitors, nursing home and hospital patients. With all new patients, assign a medical record number. When appropriate schedule walk-in patients and return follow-up appointments.
o Allscripts – Pharmacy information, phone call back consent form, Task Bucket items, i.e. sample medications, written prescriptions, forms, etc. and indicate the patient is “nurse ready”, including patients returning from lab and radiology. Scan pertinent documents into administrative file.
o Radiology Information System (RIS) – schedule “walk in” patients and “arrives” all patients.
o Laboratory Information System (LIS) – upload the orders to activate label printing.
o Perform modified duties for the surgical and specialty services as needed or assigned by operations manager(s).
o Perform eligibility checks as required
- Monitor waiting area, screen and distinguish emergencies or STAT situations, notifying back office personnel and/or physician as necessary
- Process copayments, deductibles, payments on account through “end of day” batch reports. Prepare the deposit to send to Administration
- Answer questions about the organization and provide other information
- Receive, sort and route mail, including publications, to appropriate personnel. Accept and sign for all types of deliveries
- Share in the maintenance of office machines (copier, printer, fax, credit card), assist users, send faxes, and make copies when requested
- Perform all other job duties as directed by the supervisor or manager
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 1+ years of Cash handling and customer service experience.
- 3+ months related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate messages accurately to patients, teammates, and employees of outside facilities such as medical offices and pharmacies in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to operate a computer, multiline telephone systems, and other standard office equipment
- Accurately and appropriately document messages in a medical record
- Capable of sitting for long periods of time
- 1+-years certification from a college or technical school.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solver, detail oriented, reliable, and a self-starter
- Adapt to a fast-paced environment and multi-task under pressure
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $22.02. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Patient Services Representative, Healthcare, US Healthcare, Colorado Springs, Colorado, CO