Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide answers to inquiries and questions, troubleshoot problems and provide information, intervention or referrals with a professional and respectful customer service focus telephonically and/or in person. Provides a variety of support services in connection to the day-to-day operations in a health care environment servicing patients. Duties include: first and ongoing point of contact for all patients either by phone or in person; patient enrollment, demographic verification, collection of co-pays, scheduling, referring patients and staff to appropriate resources. Provides pertinent information and recommendations to manager in accordance with the center/program goals and objectives. Must be able to consistently stay calm while interacting with patients telephonically or in person. Must be able to adapt to a consistently changing fast paced environment that requires excellent multi-tasking skills. Must be flexible with the business needs and report daily with a “can do” approach. Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Greets all visitors while making them feel welcome, whether in person or telephonically, and notifies staff of patient arrival and directs visitors to appropriate location using independent judgment to determine those that are requiring priority attention.
• Is responsible for navigating the treatment/services needs of the caller or patient and assists with: setting appointments, rescheduling and or referring them to internal or external resources and professionals; completing enrollment as needed for patients to receive services.
• Seeks and maintains efficiencies for AspenPointe patient’s access processes and develops and maintains strong internal and external working relationships.
• Attends and completes all required job-specific trainings and meetings as designated.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent experience.
• Strong work experience in customer service industry, preferably 2+ years.
• Excellent data entry skills; Type 25+ w.p.m.
• Excellent computer skills, with extensive experience using programs within Microsoft Office, to include Word, Outlook and Excel preferred.
• Electronic Health Records experience is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
• Strong ability to interact successfully with a variety of individuals.
• Strong knowledge of "Release of Information" process, preferred.
• Proven work history in a fast paced environment with competing priorities and the expectation to multi-task.
AspenPointe is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of gender, minority status, veteran status or disability.