Patient Access Representative Powers
Colorado Springs, CO
Performs receptionist, registration, and clerical duties associated with registering patient and outpatient services.
- Meets with patient and/or patient's caregiver to exchange necessary information and documentation. Provides explanation of visit, instructions, and addresses concerns and questions.
- Communicates with referring provider's office, clinical department(s), and/or other appropriate personnel to exchange necessary information and determine schedule. Verifies insurance benefits and obtains pre-certification/authorization as necessary.
- Determines and accepts required payments, including co-pays and deductibles, or refers to financial counselors for follow up.
- Ensures that all necessary demographic, billing, and clinical information is obtained and entered in the registration system with timeliness and accuracy.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School diploma or GED.