To enhance the quality of our patients’ lives by compassionately providing the highest level of care.
To be recognized as the eye care center of excellence in the communities we serve.
We recognize that our employees are our greatest asset.
Ethical & Safe practices: We create and promote a safe environment and perform our duties in a way that balances accountability with fairness.
Commitment to excellence: We promote professional growth and community stewardship.
Attentive to human needs: We treat our colleagues, patients, and patient’s family as valued individuals.
Responsibility: We create long-term relationships and partnerships focused on the needs of our patients and the communities we serve.
Encourage leadership through teamwork.
Work alongside an OD physician and workup patients.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES ·
· Accurately transcribe for Optometrists
· Responsible for the disinfection of exam rooms
· Monitor the inventory of samples in the dispensary
· Basic understanding of medical terms, anatomy, pharmacology
· Learn and understand the different eye disorders and components of an eye exam
· Perform clinical errands for front desk, billing and other pods
· Perform specialty testing (OCT/Visual Fields) and the Cycloplegic Auto-Refractor, as needed
· Accurately document patient histories, medications and chief complaint
· Ability to triage patients (urgency vs. emergency)
· Monitor the timing of appointments
· Know when to order OCT/Optos, when to dilate
· Refer patients to outside specialist as directed by a physician
· Follow up with referrals
· Perform optical rechecks
· Order bloodwork, imaging and biopsies
· Proficient in refractions with few remakes
· Proficient working knowledge of the following:
o Angle Assessment
o Visual Acuity Assessment
· Begin obtaining the following supplemental skills
o Prep for FB removal
o Send new prescriptions electronically to pharmacy
o Contact lenses (CLFT core competencies)
o Prep for specialty contact lens fits (CLFT Supplemental Skills)
o Fill in for Opticians
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
1. Contributes to the effective and efficient performance of the department for the practice.
2. Functions as a productive and positive member of the practice.
3. Conforms to all RMEC policies and procedures including punctuality, attendance, and dress codes.
4. Achieves cooperation and teamwork through effective communications and positive relations with staff.
5. Adheres to the company code of conduct.
6. Understands and practices all safety expectations.
Position requires excellent communication skills and an understanding of ophthalmic practice and patient care. Must have an attention to consistent detail and documentation. Must be even tempered. Must interface with all RMEC departments, physicians, and personnel. Knowledge of medical instrumentation and its proper care and usage needed. Ability to assess common safety hazards and take precautions to establish a safe work environment. Must be willing to help in all areas and understand the need for efficient use of time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or GED.
· Previous experience as a POA.
· Certification as a CPOA a plus.
· Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
· Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, and proof of auto insurance.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Ability to travel to other office locations.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Must be able to carry and lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
· Must be able to speak clearly in small group settings.
· This position will require standing and walking for long periods of time, sitting, standing, bending, and walking, as well as using fine motor skills, such as finger dexterity for typing and using small hand tools.
· This position could be exposed to loud noises, frequent phone conversations, and requires average to above average visual acuity and hearing.
· Most of this job will be spent indoors in a climate-controlled environment.
· Must be available to travel to other office locations as needed.
· Must have manual dexterity to work with ophthalmic equipment.
· Must be able to work up close with close contact with patients.
· Must be able to hold arms at shoulder height.
· Must be able to view and type computer data.
CURRENT BENEFITS AT TIME OF POSTING
RMEC offers eligible staff a full benefits package including:
· Affordable Medical & Dental Plans
· No Cost Annual Eye Exams
· Discounts on Frames, Lenses and Contacts
· Friends and Family Optical Coupons
· Company Paid Life/AD&D and Short-Term Disability
· Voluntary Life/AD&D and Long-Term Disability
· 401K Safe Harbor Employer Contribution
· Generous Time Off Policy
The American with Disabilities Act requires that reasonable accommodations be made for qualified individuals to help perform the required duties and tasks of the position. I can perform the required duties and tasks as outlined in the job description above with or without accommodation.
Rocky Mountain Eye Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
This job description does not create an express or implied contract of employment between the organization and me, and I acknowledge that no other representations, either verbal or in writing, have been made to me regarding my employment with RMEC/PSA.
Employee: I understand that I have read and understand the job duties and responsibilities contained in this job description and acknowledge that this document does not create an employment agreement with Rocky Mountain Eye Center, Inc.
Employee Signature ___________________________________ Date ___________________