To enhance the quality of our patients’ lives by compassionately providing the highest level of care.
To be recognized as the eye care center of excellence in the communities we serve.
We recognize that our employees are our greatest asset.
Ethical & Safe practices: We create and promote a safe environment and perform our duties in a way that balances accountability with fairness.
Commitment to excellence: We promote professional growth and community stewardship.
Attentive to human needs: We treat our colleagues, patients, and patient’s family as valued individuals.
Responsibility: We create long-term relationships and partnerships focused on the needs of our patients and the communities we serve.
Encourage leadership through teamwork.
Works directly under a MD Ophthalmologist and is responsible for promptly and professionally assisting the doctor in patient care. Performs technical workups, taking patient medical histories and special testing.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES ·
· Entering patient health history into the electronic medical record.
· Communicating with patients regarding follow-up care, surgeries, procedures, changes in schedule, symptoms, surgery scheduling, etc.
· Maintaining and cleaning lane equipment. Report to supervisor if not in working condition.
· Returning and documenting phone calls to patients and pharmacies.
· Assisting in minor surgery.
· Maintaining patient confidentiality.
· Attending required meetings.
· Occasional same day travel to Satellite locations with variable work hours.
· Works on a rotating Saturday morning as scheduled.
· Available to doctor and present in the pod when needed.
· Understands role in the pod's team effort.
· Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, symptoms and ocular meds.
· Efficiently and accurately interviews patients and documents histories.
· Consistently works with a minimum three patients per hour.
· Accurately performs:
o Visual Fields
o Pupil Exams
· Has basic knowledge of contact lenses.
· Utilizes proper eye drop technique and sterility.
· Familiar with the identity of and proper care for minor surgery instruments.
· Understands and uses proper sterile technique.
· Understands characteristics of common anterior segment disorders and oculoplastic conditions.
· Utilizes proper universal precaution procedures.
· Fluent with explanations to patients regarding the doctor’s care plan.
· Accurately and completely documents all patient communications.
· Understands and communicates well to patients about cataract surgery and oculoplastic procedures.
· Understands and communicates well to patients about LASIK parameters.
· Understands and follows procedures for surgical and procedural consents.
· Displays consistent professionalism.
· Is energetic and empathetic with patients.
· Consistently displays positive rapport with fellow employees.
· Cooperates with supervisory staff and physicians.
· Scribes readily when doctor desires.
· Demonstrates flexibility in job assignment.
· Complies with the No Cell Phone policy inpatient areas.
· Takes pride and ownership in success and image of R.M.E.C.
· Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
1. Contributes to the effective and efficient performance of the department for the practice.
2. Functions as a productive and positive member of the practice.
3. Conforms to all RMEC policies and procedures including punctuality, attendance, and dress codes.
4. Achieves cooperation and teamwork through effective communications and positive relations with staff.
5. Adheres to the company code of conduct.
6. Understands and practices all safety expectations.
Position requires excellent communication skills and an understanding of ophthalmic practice and patient care. Must have an attention to consistent detail and documentation. Must be even tempered. Must interface with all RMEC departments, physicians, and personnel. Knowledge of medical instrumentation and its proper care and usage needed. Ability to assess common safety hazards and take precautions to establish a safe work environment. Must be willing to help in all areas and understand the need for efficient use of time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or GED.
· Experience as a trained OA required.
· Certification as a COA a plus.
Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
· Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, and proof of auto insurance.
· High school diploma or GED.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Must be able to carry and lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
· Must be able to speak clearly in small group settings.
· This position will require standing and walking for long periods of time, sitting, standing, bending, and walking, as well as using fine motor skills, such as finger dexterity for typing and using small hand tools.
· This position could be exposed to loud noises, frequent phone conversations, and requires average to above average visual acuity and hearing.
· Most of this job will be spent indoors in a climate-controlled environment.
· Must be available to travel to other office locations as needed.
· Must have manual dexterity to work with ophthalmic equipment.
· Must be able to work up close with close contact with patients.
· Must be able to hold arms at shoulder height.
· Must be able to view and type computer data.
CURRENT BENEFITS AT TIME OF POSTING
RMEC offers eligible staff a full benefits package including:
· Affordable Medical & Dental Plans
· No Cost Annual Eye Exams
· Discounts on Frames, Lenses and Contacts
· Friends and Family Optical Coupons
· Company Paid Life/AD&D and Short-Term Disability
· Voluntary Life/AD&D and Long-Term Disability
· 401K Safe Harbor Employer Contribution
· Generous Time Off Policy
The American with Disabilities Act requires that reasonable accommodations be made for qualified individuals to help perform the required duties and tasks of the position. I can perform the required duties and tasks as outlined in the job description above with or without accommodation.
Rocky Mountain Eye Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability