The operations analyst is a key member of the operations team, accomplishing business objectives by identifying and solving business problems, resulting in optimized state operating performance. This person will work closely with the state leadership team by seeking out performance deficiencies and developing new best practices. This position requires strong computer skills, attention to detail, positive professional attitude, and the ability to work in a team environment.
SALARY RANGE: $52,000 - $67,000
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will remain open until filled.
LOCATION: Palmer Lake, CO
Relocation assistance is available for this position! Package is based on distance/complexity of the move, and individual circumstances. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Vice President, Operations - Colorado
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze and audit business practices, looking for deficiencies, failures and inefficiencies.
- Create models of each problem in effort to create solutions.
- Make recommendations and assist in the implementation of new / improved business practices.
- Evaluate implementation efforts, making adjustments as needed.
- Collaborate with management team and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions.
- Produce monthly key performance indicator reports with analysis of results.
- Create, maintain, and insist on a workplace environment that promotes diversity, safety, fair and equal treatment of employees, open communications and the highest standards of ethical behavior.
- Establish professional relationships and work effectively with other departments, utilities, trade allies, and industry and government representatives.
- Leaders within the state, including but not limited to VP, Director, Manager, Supervisor
- Financial managers and analysts
- Regulatory agencies.
- Internal and external customers
- Continuous improvement team.
- Utility engineering
- Information Technology
- 3 – 5 years of relevant analyst experience required.
- Utility operations experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering or related field / equivalent work experience is required.
- Analytical methods.
- Financial acumen.
- Exceptional math skills (statistics, calculus, etc.)
- Excellent problem solver.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to not only point out what is not working, but also what is missing.
- Ability to gain credibility of peers and management leadership team.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an EEO Employer.