L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse,
high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are
unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for
professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment
designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our
culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and
commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Network Engineer/Wideband Planner-2nd Shift (TS/SCI)
Job Code: SAS20202107-48176
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- Follow all Wideband Planner Operating Instructions provided by the Wideband Cell Chief.
- Work a shift schedule that provides 24/7/365 support to the RSSC. Position will require periodic night, weekend, and holiday work.
- Demonstrate expert-level knowledge of the Wideband SATCOM Control procedures for DSCS and WGS.
- Review SARs for use, validity, priority, and availability for the wideband SATCOM constellation.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of computing technical satellite link configurations within the CNPS software.
- Grant SAA per a SAR and schedule the mission within the CNPS for future incorporation.
- Review change requests for current SAA; ensure requests can be validated for change or revoked due to frequency and/or schedule conflicts.
- Assist troubleshooting efforts from the WSOCs
- for assigned transmission links.
- Assist the WSOCs in troubleshooting and eliminating anomalous transmission and payload conditions.
- Provide support with identifying, isolating, and resolving frequency interference events, theater spectrum management activities, and electromagnetic interference (EMI) events.
- Comply with all U.S. export requirements and regulations. Verify the release of information or technical assistance with established IPs Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA) and maintain a log of all releases.
- Track, coordinate, and/or deny user and control mission Authorized Service Interruptions (ASIs).
- Support and monitor system upgrades and satellite activation within the RSSC mission area.
- Plan and coordinate WGS satellite Spectrum Information Gathering (SIG) changes with the WSOCs.
- Provide applicable information on the current and future status of the RSSC mission area for recurring command staff briefings to the Wideband Cell Chief.
- Travel within the mission area to conduct staff assistance and training visits for CCMDs, Services, Agencies, and IPs on behalf of the RSSC.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Shift work required-2nd shift
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience, or 2-year post-Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience, or equivalent
- Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance Required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 1 certification
- Domain knowledge of Cisco IOS PKI CA server or integration of Cisco devices into an existing PKI infrastructure
- Advanced Linux networking experience such as KVM virtual switches and Virtual Machine Manager
- Network Security Technology to include encryption (HAIPE, IPSec, IKEv2, PKI)
- Communication Systems planning with DISA and other GOVT TACLANE communications providers.
- Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with other engineering disciplines.
- Previous experience supporting DoD/government customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.