Military Banking Center Manager
Fort Carson, CO
The Military Banking Center Manager IV is responsible for the overall business operations of an assigned banking center. Responsible for managing a profitable banking center by supervising his or her team to generate sales and promote bank products to qualified customers with ethical oversight of bank operations and adherence to all procedures. Responsible for expense control in staffing and all banking center expenditures. Creates a positive work environment that provides superior customer experiences and Associate engagement. Provides positive leadership and establishes key priorities with strategic planning on the installation. Military Banking Center Manager IV is typically assigned to a banking center with greater than 2,000 demand deposit accounts.
- Measures and manages sales at multiple locations based on daily, weekly and monthly budgeted goals.
- Markets bank products to target customers inside and outside the banking centers by contacting potential customers, businesses and community/civic organizations to promote goodwill and generate new business; explaining appropriate bank products to target audience; interviewing customers to obtain information and explain available financial services; taking loan applications, quoting rates and closing loans with customers; cross selling new products that are relevant and beneficial to current bank customers.
- Attends local functions and events primarily hosted by military groups located on the installation. Supports business development efforts outside the gates by targeting companies that can refer business to Armed Forces Bank, including real estate agents, home improvement companies, accountants, attorneys and local employers for Group Banking opportunities.
- Identifies and pursues marketing opportunities around the installation.
- Builds relationships with key decision makers and influencers at the installation, including, but not limited to, Commander, Bank Liaison Officer, AAFES/NEX Management (retail partner), MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation) and entities that provide financial education initiatives in support of financial readiness. Supports installation events and generates opportunities for programs that provide mutual benefit, such as Home Buying Seminars. Is aware and compliant with the Operating Agreement for the installation.
- Promotes banking center involvement in bank initiatives that support the Military Saves campaign and financial education, while also building materials to support nominations by Command for Distinguished Bank of the Year for the installation.
- Identifies opportunities for increasing consumer loan business with emphasis on Mortgages, Home Equity Lines of Credit, consumer secured/unsecured loans and secured credit cards.
- Manages multiple ATM locations in the market. Ensures ATMs are clean, loaded, operational, and located in a visible area with proper marketing to promote bank products to customers and non customers. Identifies and recommends placements for new ATMs as they may arise.
- Supervises banking center staffs, including interviewing, hiring, coaching, scheduling, counseling, motivating, training, preparing and delivering performance evaluations, preparing and delivering discipline, and terminating, when appropriate. Conducts regular meetings and provides frequent feedback to Associates to develop Associates in the banking center.
- Responsible for knowing, following and ensuring all banking center Associates' adherence to all bank policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws. Promotes ethical environment by modeling integrity and requiring ethical behaviors of all Associates.
- Ensures customer experience is "fast, easy and personal" consistent with Company customer service standards.
- Implements all banking center procedures and delegates same, as necessary, to ensure profitable and secure business, including conducting regular audits of teller drawers and vault, completing daily imaging, reviewing and approving select transactions to limit bank's risk, ensuring accurate and timely completion of all logs, confirming operation of video cameras, and timely changing of locks and security access to limit unauthorized access to banking center and all computer programs.
- Ensures banking center premises constitute a safe work environment that promotes positive bank image, including regular inspection for and remediation of any hazardous conditions, regular maintenance and cleaning of premises, adherence to all posting requirements in jurisdiction, including human resources and compliance postings; and provision of comfortable and appropriate space for Associates to conduct banking business.
- Responsible for satisfactory outcome of audits/reviews by Compliance, Internal Audit, Deposit Operations, and other departments or regulatory bodies.
- Ensures confidentiality of customer and employee information by practicing all security processes; training, coaching, and monitoring associates with respect to confidentiality policies; and ensuring that all physical security measures are in place to and functioning properly, including locks, video cameras, computer access and key access.
- Understands, embodies, communicates and instills corporate initiatives and vision, including the six pillars of success.