Applicants who apply and complete New Staff Orientation, will receive a $50 hiring incentive.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is actively seeking qualified, high-energy Member Service Consultants. Are you ready to learn and create excitement about our programs and community, build relationships with prospective, new and existing members, and show off our amazing Y culture?
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Member Service Consultant (MSC) is responsible for member satisfaction and retention through impeccable member service and practices that promote member engagement. The Member Service Consultant will possess extensive knowledge in membership and program offerings as well as specific center information. The Member Service Consultant will respond to members in person and on the phone by providing accurate information and by collecting and processing cash transactions and member records. The MSC will be responsible for executing the sales strategy to include a relational interview, all strategic follow-up processes and full engagement in new members and prospect management. In addition, this position assists in regulating traffic in the centers as well as upholding and effectively communicating facility policies and procedures.
We are looking to fill positions at our Fountain location
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 3:00pm - 8:30pm and Sundays 9:45am - 4:00pm
MEMBER SERVICE CONSULTANT REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in member management, sales, or recruitment
- Ability to work well and effectively communicate with a diverse population in a wide variety of situations
- Confidentiality and excellent organizational skills are required
- Must be able to work minimum 20 hours per week
- Must be able to demonstrate good verbal and written communications skills and effective conflict resolutions skills
- Friendly disposition, knowledge and demonstration of excellent customer service practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
MEMBER SERVICE CONSULTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately process new memberships and program registrations including cash transactions and maintenance of member records
- Handling all questions, information requests, and complaints regarding membership
- Ensure that daily care of members is first priority; assist with front desk operations when applicable including scanning membership cards, greeting members
- Responsible for selling memberships and programs by proactively engaging in conversations on the benefits of YMCA memberships and programs
- Collaborate with all center staff to ensure service excellence and timely follow up to all member questions and/or complaints
- Meet and exceed membership satisfaction sales, and retention goals
- Practice strong fiscal stewardship in the execution of financial and membership policies and procedures
- Respond to emergency situations by adhering to the safety policies and procedures set for the Association
- Model values of honesty, integrity and the ability to work well with a diverse population of members.
- Able to manage multiple priorities
PART-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
- Free individual membership
- Program discounts
- Generous retirement benefits - 12% after eligibility is met
- Employee Assistance Program
- Accrue 1 hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked
CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION:
Support the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
The YMCA has zero tolerance for abuse. We will report all suspected and/or allegations of abuse to the state and federal law.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is a Drug and Alcohol Free work environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.