Medical Billing Representative
Colorado Springs, CO
Envision Radiology is currently looking to hire a Full Time Medical Billing Representative to join our team.
Job Summary/Overview: Generates patient statements and other invoices. Responsibilities may include data entry, posting payments, reconciling billings and invoices, checking balances and maintaining patient files. Works with insurance companies to perform insurance billing, review, and verification of accounts in accordance with program provisions.
• Follow up with insurance companies on submitted claims for status of payment via phone call, email, or the use of websites.
• Appeal denied claims with the necessary documentation.
• Actively work accounts receivable to maintain acceptable days in A/R.
• Maintain strict confidentiality regarding PHI as well as follow HIPAA regulations.
• Identify issues with HCFAs and/or electronic claims.
• Communicate issues with the team and supervisor.
• Be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.•
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Other duties may be assigned as needed by supervision.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
• 2 years’ experience working in the medical billing field
• Knowledge of EOBs
• Attention to detail is a must
• Ability to learn new software quickly and efficiently
Education / Certifications:
• Requires a high school education or equivalent