Colorado Public Radio (CPR) is seeking a Gift Officer for KRCC.
About the Position:
The KRCC Gift Officer serves as a front line fundraiser, working closely with KRCC to find and maintain donor support across all levels of giving including midlevel, major and planned gifts. The primary focus will be on identifying funding partners and nurturing these relationships. It is expected to implement strategies for prospects, including solicitations, proposals, stewardship, and required reporting. This position is responsible for meeting funding goals, guiding and overseeing donor-focused relations and communication.
The new hire is expected to reside in the greater Colorado Springs area upon starting - this is not a remote position, however a hybrid schedule is available.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
You are a strong relationship builder who is persuasive, persistent and innovative in how you connect with donors or customers and understands that sometimes there are setbacks on the way to “yes”. You prioritize well, handling multiple projects in an organized and timely manner and have excellent communication skills. You enjoy collaborating with others to help ensure an organization’s financial success.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in fundraising, planned giving, sales or a relatable field.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of relationship building experience with a strong customer focus. This includes experience with managing a portfolio or book of clients and the ability to make each one feel special.
- Proven track record of collaborating across teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize expertly, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM is preferred.
- Experience securing and closing 5 figure gifts from start to finish- identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship and experience with planned giving is preferred.
- A fully relatable bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree may replace some of the required years of experience.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Colorado Public Radio, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, equitable and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't perfectly align with every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles with us.
Colorado Public Radio is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our culture of caring. Our employees have access to: 100 percent employer paid individual health, dental, life, and disability coverage; an outstanding paid family medical leave policy plus paid holidays and a very generous sick, vacation, and personal time off plan; voluntary offerings such as vision; a competitive retirement plan match with no waiting or vesting periods; flexible schedules; engagement and development opportunities; and a casual atmosphere.
Position Type: Full-time
Hiring Range: Grade 20 - $80,500 - $107,300
Structure Title: Gift Officer, KRCC
Starting Pay: based on education and experience.
Click here to apply. Please upload a resume, three professional references, and answer all application questions.
Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: December 9th, 2022
At Colorado Public Radio we are committed to cultivating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that helps us represent the voices of the communities within Colorado. We highly encourage candidates with unique contributions such as ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, nation of origin, age, language, veteran status, color, religion, disability and sexual orientation to apply to our openings. CPR is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.