The Low Voltage Installer IT Field Service Technician - Lead position will lead, perform and manage the onsite implementation of various Cable Installation and Repair work as well as IT related activities such as Moves-Adds-Changes, Network Infrastructure Installations and
Upgrades, POS installs, Kiosk installs and Basic Field Service related tasks.
The position is client facing and requires exceptional customer service and the ability to provide excellent communication to the customer as well as the project management team. Must be self- motivated, with excellent time management skills, and the capability to complete projects on or ahead of schedule. Strong organizational skills are necessary for concise documentation, tracking of issues, providing notes and feedback as well as making in-field decisions for a positive result.
- Install, Terminate, Test and Repair Category 5, Category 6, Category 7, Fiber and other cable types.
- Installation of various cable support structures including cable raceways, J-hooks, conduit, inner duct and other related components.
- Perform installation and service of Computer or IT related Equipment per customer specifications and according to local guidelines.
- Lead and Manager crews of at least two technicians and helpers in a construction or commercial environment.
- Testing and certification of Computers, IT Equipment, Cabling, and other IT related equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repair issues with network communications.
- Coordinate with the customer, other trades on the job site and team members for the purpose of completing projects effectively.
- Complete required documentation timely, in written and/or electronic formats.
- Follow specific communication requirements regarding job site as directed.
- Transport necessary items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) to ensure the availability of materials requires for the client site.
- Able and willing to do overnight travel when needed.
- Manage materials inventory.
- Effectively read and understand prints and layouts.
- Attend meetings, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or learning information required to perform job functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.