The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 10,200 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. Colorado Springs, (pop. 450K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences is seeking a full-time Human Resources Coordinator. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Human Resources functions in the Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences, which includes three academic departments and four teaching clinics.
Examples of Work Performed:
With College leadership, manages all aspects of the faculty and staff HR functions including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, payroll, and leave management.
Recruitment, Hiring, and Contract Management:
- Creates and posts new and vacant positions through CU Careers for the College.
- Manages the search process for open positions, guiding and assisting the department chairs, managers, and search committees to ensure CU, UCCS, and College HR policies and procedures are followed.
- Coordinates with search committees on finalists, initiates reference checks, generates letters of offer as requested, initiates onboarding processes and manages other non-traditional appointments.
- Generates and processes employment related contracts for faculty and staff. Contract types include faculty and staff contracts and revisions, additional pay, research pay, terminations, resignations, and other contractual agreements as assigned.
- Manages the hiring of student employees and graduate/research assistants.
Performance Review Process Management:
- In conjunction with College leadership, manages and coordinates the faculty and staff review processes for the College including annual merit review and the faculty reappointment, promotion and tenure process. This includes coordinating with faculty and staff, department chairs, the Faculty Affairs Committee, the Dean, and external reviewers on the processes and procedures, and ensuring that deadlines are met for submittal of dossier materials, review letters, etc.
- Manages the classified staff performance management plan process, ensuring that plans and reviews are processed and submitted within the University timeline.
- Produces and distributes merit increase letters at the end of the fiscal year to eligible faculty and staff.
Payroll and Leave:
- Processes payroll for faculty and staff within UCCS and CU timelines. Monitors, reviews and analyzes payroll data from multiple input sources to ensure payroll submissions are complete and accurate utilizing reports to identify and correct discrepancies in the University systems.
- Works with the employee, campus HR, and CU Payroll to troubleshoot and correct payroll problems.
- Monitors the MyLeave system for accurate pay and leave balances and makes corrections as needed. Notifies faculty and staff of yearly leave sweep balances and monitors employees yearly leave certification. Works with the employee and manager to troubleshoot and correct problems in the MyLeave system.
- Manages tenured faculty sabbatical process, including communication of policy and process, tracking, ensuring sabbatical applications and post-sabbatical reports are submitted according to the UCCS timeline. Manages faculty returning from leave in HCM system at end of sabbatical.
Policy and Procedure Knowledge and Compliance:
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of the UCCS and CU HR policies and procedures. Makes accurate interpretations citing appropriate policies applicable to HR situations in the College. Identifies breakdowns in HR processes, troubleshoots and implements process modifications, stays abreast of developments and changes to CU, UCCS, and general HR policies and procedures, educating College faculty and staff on changes made.
- Develops new College policies and procedures as required, disseminating information and educating College faculty, staff, and students as needed.
- Coordinates review of faculty and staff position descriptions on an annual basis, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Maintains all HR-related files in accordance with University and College policies.
- Notifies department chairs, faculty, and staff of forms and deadlines related to additional remunerations, faculty election to defer pay (9-pay-12) requests, requests for approval of faculty outside employment, and faculty responsibility statements.
- Participates in the Employee Services HCM bi-weekly campus call webinars and monthly UCCS HR meetings. Determines information to disseminates to faculty and staff as needed.
- Maintains basic access to the PeopleSoft Finance and Reporting Systems for information access.
- Additional HR duties as assigned.
Additional HR duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of advanced human resources management methods, skills, and practices.
- Knowledge of HCM, My Leave, CU Careers, Concur Travel & Expense System, CU Marketplace or related systems.
- Advanced knowledge/ability with Microsoft Office, including ability to create advanced Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to work with electronic signature software such as Adobe Sign or DocuSign.
- Ability to successfully deliver operational enhancements and solutions.
- Able to work independently with attention to details.
- Advanced interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple concurrent processes.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Able to represent the College in a professional manner.
Salary Range: $42,000 - $47,250
This position has been determined to be exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The Helen and Arthur E Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs is a distinguished and innovative college providing excellence in education, scholarship, and practice in the health professions. The college currently serves ~1400 students (80% undergraduate and 20% graduate) through its programs in the Department of Nursing, the Department of Health Sciences, and the Department of Human Physiology and Nutrition.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs can be found at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigation includes a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for those with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field OR five years of professional experience in the human resources field
- 1+ years of experience in a Human Resources related position
- 1+ years of experience in university faculty affairs
Special Instructions to Applicants: Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by 11/6/19 will receive full consideration. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts may be required upon hire. If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s) Application Materials Instructions: In order for an application to be considered, applicants must label each required attachment with the relevant title, attach the required documents for this position announcement to the submission and check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in the submission. When applying, applicants must include: cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and qualifications, a current resume, and unofficial transcript(s). Failure to properly attach the required documents will result in automatic disqualification for this position.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40086 - Beth-El Admin
Posting Date: Oct 23, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jeff Spicher
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00400502