What you’ll be doing...
Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and support network systems applications. You will use professional concepts and company policies & procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems creatively and practically.
You will be a member of a highly skilled Operations team that provides 24 X 7 support of applications and services that are key to engineering and monitoring the wireless network. You will provide implementation and operational support for server hardware, operating systems, virtualization environments, infrastructure software, storage arrays, switches, and backup software for the Network Systems organization. You will use technical expertise to act as a systems administrator on multiple internally and externally developed applications.
- Linux system administration
- Server security
- Hardware Management
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of work experience in IT systems and systems support.
- Experience with installation and support of Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience with server security requirements and remediation.
- Experience providing production operations support and 24/7 support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field.
- Strong support skills in Solaris and/or Windows Operating Systems.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate across cross-functional teams.
- Experience with storage, virtualization, and/or backup administration.
- Experience in monitoring and supporting large-scale & highly available systems.
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem solving skills to develop quick and sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.