Requires good judgment, good communication skills, both written and verbal, good grammar, and spelling. Multitask oriented, cooperative, and able to take direction. Ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to carry out a task from start to finish without direct supervision; a positive team player. Neat, clean, well-groomed appearance required (ask for a copy of the dress code). Ability to work well with residents, supervisor, employees and vendors.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist the on-site Property Manager in all aspects of leasing apartments, marketing and preparing required lease packets, reports and paperwork.
ORDINARY DUTIES: (include but are not limited to)
- Expectation is to rent enough apartments per month to meet budget and/or to maintain occupancy standards. A good rule of thumb is 35%-40% of your traffic. This includes obtaining a completed application, full security deposit and an application fee. Part time employees – rent a minimum of one apartment per day of work.
- Pre-qualifying prospects, showing the property and leasing to prospective residents.
- Knowing the site product, availability of units and expiration of future units. Having knowledge of all other Griffis/Blessing, Inc. communities and referring them when availability doesn’t meet the needs of the prospect at the assigned community.
- Greeting the public and residents enthusiastically either by telephone, internet or in person, display a spirit of positive, helpful attitude.
- Positive phone skills needed to set appointments to show the community. The goal is to set appointments for every qualified phone prospect.
- Ability to work with all Internet leads with prompt replies, positive messages to get them to visit the community or rent via the Internet.
- Complete education requirements for current position; take additional in-service classes both through GB University, EasyLMS, local Apartment Associations, etc. to improve skill sets.
- Conduct Zone Walks.
- Review all Internet sites in depth regularly to check pictures, update information and to test how easily the site is to navigate as a prospect. Alert Property Manager of any issues.
- Providing all qualifying information including credit, resident history, and employment information on all applicants for residency to the Property Manager for approval.
- Tracking the source of all telephone and walk-in traffic daily to assist in marketing/advertising. Input information into computer daily.
- Preparing all paperwork pertinent to each new or renewal lease agreement.
- Input required rental application/resident information into the computer.
- Preparing move in gifts and placing in the apartment prior to resident moving in; conducting a final “Perfection Inspection.” Write Service Requests for any items that need attention to ensure it is ready for move in on the scheduled date.
- Checking models, office, recreational facilities and other common areas on a daily basis and reporting the condition of the same to the Property Manager. If minor touch-up cleaning is required in the model, complete when opening the model.
- Preparing market survey reports and other reports as required. Assisting in other areas of marketing, advertising, and public relations when appropriate.
- Assist with the community newsletter.
- Expectation: Obtain 90% or better on all shopping reports. Leasing will be shopped regularly to assess skills. Shopping reports below 90% will necessitate repeating segments of the leasing program. More than two shops (in a 12-month period) below 85% may indicate that skills and talents are not suited for this industry and may be grounds for termination.
- Read, understand, and abide by company dress code standards at all times.
- Prepare birthday cards for mailing to residents (if applicable).
- Assisting in renewal program to obtain a minimum of 40% of eligible lease renewals.
- Pick up of any type of litter from any exterior or common area to maintain sharp appearance.
- Perform any duties assigned by supervisor whether they are included in this job description or not.
MATERIAL, EQUIPMENT & FORMS USED:
OneSite™ (Yardi, AMSI or comparable)
Excel, Outlook at basic level, Publisher is helpful