The Lead Consultant is knowledgeable in all areas of the Store’s business, including print, signs & graphics, and shipping, and consistently delivers a positive customer experience to all customers. The Lead Consultant’s time will be spent taking customer orders; coordinating store activities; providing pricing information; recommending the appropriate FedEx Office products and services; producing complex orders; operating equipment that requires advanced operational knowledge and expertise; managing, monitoring and facilitating all production processes. The Lead Consultant performs their duties utilizing consultative skills to anticipate needs, suggest alternatives and provide solutions to colleagues and customers. With leadership direction, the Lead Consultant may provide direction to the Consultant and solve escalated customer issues.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Demonstrates consultative behaviors to ensure friendly, polite, expert service is delivered to all customers
- Manages production flow to ensure all production orders are done right and on time
- Takes customer orders, giving pricing information, performs consultative selling to customers, and recommends FedEx Office products and services tracks and logs all production jobs
- Takes lead responsibility for digital imaging, scheduling and running black and white or color production on full service orders, including finishing services and large job management
- Sets up complex orders and performs multiple tasks at the same time
- Responsible for ensuring quality during and after production process
- Ensures communication among shifts
- Coordinates pick-up and delivery of customer orders
- May provide leadership to team members on an assigned shift
- Assists in the training of store team members
- Collates, sorts and organizes customer orders
- Operates the Point of Sale terminal (POS), handles financial transactions and makes change
- Completes required financial paperwork and may assist with financial reporting including daily sales, close-outs and bank deposits
- Follows instructions of supervisors and assists other team members in performing store functions
- Follows FedEx Office standard operating procedures as well as adhering to legal, HR, safety and security policies and procedures
- Secondary responsibility for coordination of all shipping related services and activities, to include:
- Provides customer service by determining appropriate shipping methods, informing customers of company products, services, routes, and rates
- Ensures quality customer service is given to customers by providing packaging services, as well as offering information about company products and services
- Offers assistance to customers by suggesting appropriate shipping methods. Maintains inventory of shipping supplies
- Assembles parcels and prepares goods for shipping by wrapping items in insulation, inserting items into shipping containers, weighing packages, and affixing labels to parcels
- All other duties as needed or required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 2+ years of specialized experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work with minimal supervision
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Colorado, Nevada, New York, California, Rhode Island and Washington Residents Only - Compensation: Hourly: $15.50 - $18.05. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range or starting rate of candidates hired in Colorado and/or Nevada and/or New York and/or Washington and/or California and/or Rhode Island. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your work location, how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role. This information is provided to applicants in accordance to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the Nevada Pay Transparency Law, the New York City Pay Transparency Law, Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act and the California Equal Pay Act and the Rhode Island Pay Equity Act.
Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
Employee Benefits: Comprehensive and competitive benefits eligibility including Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP. 401K Disability, Life Insurance, ESPP, Sick Time, Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.Recruiting@FedEx.com.