JOB SUMMARY: The IT Help Desk Technicians are responsible for fielding end user IT trouble tickets involving software and hardware issues. The personnel will be responsible for ensuring the health of our end users' IT assets and their consistent availability and uptime. This is a strong customer service/technical position that requires individuals with patient yet a steadfast approach to solving problems and Fielding /Closing IT Help Desk tickets. Experience with installation and troubleshooting of Windows and Apple PCs, Network printers, and Software troubleshooting and configuration. General network troubleshooting. Setup new PCs for new employees and various other IT specific tasks.
- Operate and maintain the government’s networked and standalone systems at the Unclassified, Secret and Top Secret-SCI classification levels.
- Maintain a Government provided trouble ticket system and track customer survey results.
- Perform client support administrator duties in order to provide a first-line customer support function to resolve hardware and software IT-related issues.
- Create, delete and add new users with accounts on classified networks; Provision, de-provision and add new users with accounts on NIPRNet. Maintain User Access Request forms according to network procedures.
- Provide help desk function capable of handling the full range of IT-related issues (i.e., Tier I, II, III).
- Support walk up, telephone or e-mail customer problem resolution; receive, answer and transfer, trouble calls, and maintenance requests in support of all missions and personnel; and assign a ticket number and track communication system outages and repair actions until the issue is resolved.
- Coordinate with internal and external agencies (i.e., third-party vendors, host base, and program management offices), to isolate faults, make repairs and restore service to systems, and report the status of problem resolution to the affected customer and maintaining a historical record of problem resolution.
- Plan and execute any technical refresh of network computers, ensuring coordination with Configuration Management on all move, connect and disconnect of equipment to networks.
- Demonstrate expertise to install, configure, and maintain these systems as well as analyze, troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware and network anomalies.
- Provide network technical support and client support administrator duties in order to provide a first-line customer support function to resolve basic connectivity issues.
- Perform application loading, troubleshooting, tuning and technical support for hardware and software used within the facility.
- Schedule, operate, maintain, and coordinate the use of existing and future USAFWC VTCs.
- Support the JFSCC (Joint Force Space Component Command) during bi-annual exercises. This will require shift work twice per year. Outside of these exercises, the shift will be Monday - Friday, 0730 - 1630 or 0630 - 1530.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: 5 years experience in IT technical support and computer maintenance.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, or Engineering. (Six (6) years of experience will suffice in lieu of degree.) IAT Level 2 Certification.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: TOP SECRET/SCI
|EOE STATEMENT||We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. |