This hands-on technical position will diagnose, resolve and respond to local program / project site IT incidents and service requests, priorities, and goals in a MS Windows / Cisco based environment that can span from one to several offices / buildings. Technical responsibilities include (but not limited to) support and administration for computing hardware and systems, packaged software, peripheral equipment, proprietary software, and network connectivity to ensure the efficient and successful operations of site IT automation in accordance with SNC corporate business, security, and IT standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
The IT Support Technician reports to, takes direction from, and is supervised by a local site or Corporate IT supervisor / manager. Will also receive corporate direction and follow corporate IT standards, policies, processes, and procedures provided by/from Corporate IT.
Responsible for the setup, configuration, repair, break/fix, moves/add/changes and integration of new and existing computing hardware, software, networking, telecommunications (VoIP handsets and systems) and other computer-related technologies and peripherals • Provide basic network support ensuring desktop and other networked peripherals full connectivity • Perform preventative maintenance and setup for a variety of computer related equipment and locations, including audio-visual conferencing systems and conference rooms • Responsible for providing outstanding customer-centered quality support and service ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction • Address/resolve IT incidents/service request and/or escalate to the appropriate upper
Tier IT teams when necessary; promptly enter / prioritizes/track/ monitor/ update and follow-up/ close all tickets received via the IT Service Desk tracking system, telephone calls and/or SNC personnel “walk-ups” • Support organizational efforts and maintaining policies and procedures in the IT Department • Assist with the creation and maintenance of local site IT systems documentation • Participates in Corporate IT virtual teams (VTeams) as directed • Perform on-call "after-hours" support based on a staff rotation as/when required
• Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
• Other duties as assigned
• Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds • Able to work off-hours implementations and possible remote site travel as/when required
• Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
• IT Support Technician II for a Tier II Helpdesk with 3+ Years hands-on experience imaging, repairing and troubleshooting Computer Hardware (Desk tops/Laptops/Peripherals) and Software applications
• Working knowledge of Help Desk / Customer Support center operations
•Comprehensive “hands-on” troubleshooting skills with various hardware and software products including (but not limited to): Dell 32-/64-bit platforms (mobile and stationary), HP & Xerox printers / plotters, scanning systems, PGP encryption, wired & wireless equipment, VoIP, Citrix, VPN, desktop firewall, Antivirus, MS Windows, MS Office Suite. •Mobile IPhone/Blackberry devices and Linux Redhat/SUSE; MS Sharepoint
• Strong customer and technical support experience, supporting a clientele that is predominantly “non-technical”
• Familiarity with IT Service Management tools i.e. Cherwell Ticketing System or similar Ticketing Request Applications
• Comprehensive troubleshooting skills of various hardware and software products including: Microsoft, Lotus Notes, Antivirus, PGP encryption, wireless, Citrix, Dell laptops/desktops, and HP Printers
• Strong sense of customer/solution ownership, an overall drive for excellence, and a proven ability to manage multiple projects to successful completion
• Well-versed/practiced in current IT technical standards and best practices (ITIL) relating to micro-computers, printers, scanners, and basic network technology
• Superior customer service and communications skills along with ability to drive productive team collaboration will participating in on call support rotation
• Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.