Role and Responsibilities
The Network Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and administering mission critical computer networks. Primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. The ideal candidate will work closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ideal candidate will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Configuring, and monitoring SIEM platforms Solarwinds, Splunk, and IBM QRadar.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring, and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
In addition to being well-versed in the above listed skills, the candidate MUST possess:
- TS/SCI security clearance
- DOD 8570 Baseline Certified (Security+, CCNA)
- 3+ years of networking engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Cisco IPS, firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions while under pressure.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including intrusion prevention systems, firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
- LAN and WAN experience.
Below is a list of skills that would greatly help the candidate succeed and thrive in this environment.
- Knowledge of Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW).
- Knowledge of Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewalls.
- Knowledge on configuring firewall access rules.
- Knowledge of Cisco Firepower Management Center (FMC) and configuring IPS security policies.
- Knowledge of Cisco Sourcefire sensors.
- Knowledge of Cisco Virtual Private Network (VPN) concentrators.
- Knowledge on configuring and troubleshooting Site-to-Site IPsec VPN tunnels on Integrated Services Routers (ISRs).
- Knowledge on configuring and troubleshooting TACACS+ Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) services on networking devices.
- Knowledge on configuring and troubleshooting Port-based Network Access Control (PNAC) using IEEE 802.1x authentication on layer 2 network switches.
- Knowledge on configuring and troubleshooting Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) on networking devices
- Knowledge on configuring and troubleshooting network IP Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP).
- Knowledge of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).
- Knowledge on configuring Cisco ISE security policy sets.
- Preferred prior experience with opening help tickets and troubleshooting with DISA concerning DoDIN NIPR / SIPR WAN circuits
- Familiarization with Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
- Familiarization with DOD Joint Enterprise Level Agreement (JELA) contracting agreements
- Knowledge of VMware infrastructure including configuring vSAN, Virtual Standard
- Switches (VSS), virtual distributed switches (vDS).
- Knowledge of SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) and Network Configuration Management (NCM).
- Knowledge on DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS).
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to work at a desk for eight hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.