Essential Job Functions
Provides technical support and training for a variety of networked computing systems, audio/visual equipment and broadcasting equipment throughout the County. Work includes installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting of a wide variety of desktop operation systems, software packages, hardware, peripherals, and audio/visual equipment.
- Responds to customer support requests; provides general IT support for all County staff.
- Reviews and resolves trouble tickets; assists with gathering customer support information for internal databases.
- Installs, configures, maintains, upgrades, troubleshoots and repairs desktop operating system software, hardware, audio/visual, and peripherals.
- Provides technical support for public information equipment including videography, production, post production, and broadcasting.
- Sets up and prepares audio/visual equipment, broadcasting equipment, and technical facilities in preparation for County events, public meetings, and other programs and services.
- Uses remote system management tools to gather hardware and software inventories, install new or updated software and to provide remote management of desktop systems for troubleshooting purposes, upgrades, and configuration changes.
- Provides basic network support for desktop systems to include network connectivity, configuration, and virtual private networking.
- Uses disk-imaging software to build new desktop systems and to maintain an image library for efficient tracking and use of products.
- Maintains customer support information systems and the County corporate directory.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Associate's degree in computer science, information technology or related field preferred.
- A+ certification or two (2) years of direct, hands on experience with installing, supporting, troubleshooting and maintaining desktop systems in a large, multi-user, multi-application environment preferred.
- Previous experience with audio/visual, archival or editing equipment and programs preferred.
- Must possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of help desk software and personal computer support processes, tactics, and techniques.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers and County staff.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation, motor vehicle record check, drug screen, and physical examination.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- A+ Certification preferred.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment; some travel required. Requires ability to safely lift and move up to 60 lbs. May be required to be on-call as needed.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.elpasoco.com For inquiries please call: 719-520-7401.
Each applicant is considered only for the current vacancy indicated on your application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor any future openings and to submit a separate application for each position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any new employee and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL99-603).
EL PASO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER