Alcal Specialty Contracting, Inc. (Alcal) is a subsidiary of Pacific Coast Building Products, Inc. a family owned business since 1953. Alcal is a large specialty contractor, privately held and diversified that has operated continuously since 1971. It employs over 900 people and has branches in California, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, Washington and Hawaii. Installed products include roofing, waterproofing, insulation, firestop, and garage doors for both commercial and residential construction. The company is signatory to the Roofers and Carpenters Union.
Our Colorado Springs, CO location is currently accepting applications for experienced Insulation Installers to join our team.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for installing insulation at a variety of job sites according to established work methods and procedures.
· Assures there is sufficient and appropriate material and equipment on truck to adequately complete the insulation job.
· Drives to and from the job site and unloads insulation materials at the job site.
· Cleans job site daily.
· Installs insulation in accordance with company standards as well as manufacturer’s printed label regarding thickness and density.
· Checks work for errors and corrects them if necessary.
· Accounts for material and time used on each job, and reports paperwork daily.
· Abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies and ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will have:
· At least one year experience installing insulation;
· A valid CO drivers license (with a good driving record);
· Ability to use a staple gun, hammer, utility knife and work on scaffolding.
· Ability to lift in excess of 75 lbs and ability to crawl in small spaces (i.e. attics)
· Regular attendance is required.
Qualified applicants please apply online at https://www.alcal.com/careers/current-opportunities or in person at 1902 Areotech Dr. Suite 120 Colorado Springs, CO 80916
We are committed to promoting diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We desire priority referrals of veterans/protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (IWDs). We utilize E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security. Drug free workplace and EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability.