HR Technician I
The City of Colorado Springs HR (Human Resources) Department has two openings for an HR Technician I. HR Technicians are be responsible for complex administrative and system duties in support of HR programs and City departments. These duties may include functions in HRIS systems, processing employee paperwork, benefits coordination, leave administration, records retention, on and off boarding, and ensuring compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
In this position, you will support administration for various HR systems, including PeopleSoft, E-Verify, and NEOGOV. You will support employee lifecycle transactions, delivering excellent customer service to our employees, records retention, benefits coordination, and retirements.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Process employee actions with proper coding and field completion including new hires, salary increases, and retirements
- Process employee transactions using PeopleSoft
- Review all information entered by users for accuracy; assist with training as needed
- Create queries on demand; process daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual queries and reports
- Set up new users in Employee Self Service; maintain security and user roles
- Work with vendors in response to employee benefit claims/coverage issues
- Advise HR managers, hiring supervisors, and managers on HR projects, programs, and hiring processes to ensure policies and procedures are followed
- Use SharePoint to maintain all HR documents and update pages on the Intranet
- Assist with special projects as needed
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- HR disciplines
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Principles and practices of benefits administration and design, specifically of medical, dental, vision, life insurance, other voluntary benefit programs, and human resources
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations, including FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), equal employment opportunity, diversity, PPACA (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act), FMLA , ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act), HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), IRS (Internal Revenue Service), and other employment laws
Successful candidate will have:
- Handle sensitive information accurately and in a timely manner; maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Write and maintain procedure and query manuals
Ideal candidates will also have:
- A high school diploma or GED
- One year of full-time experience in human resources
- A bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field
- Work experience with the City's human resources processes and/or Employment Services
- Experience with NEOGOV administration
- Experience using PeopleSoft 9.2
- Experience with E-Verify, background investigations, personnel files, and the Colorado Municipal Records Archive Schedule
- Intermediate Excel skills
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov/jobs and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City's job classifications and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.