**$1,000 sign on bonus.**
The Environmental Service and Maintenance Tech helps with housekeeping and maintenance of the hospital. They maintain assigned areas in a clean, safe, sanitary and orderly manner. Advises Director, Environmental Services on environmental services equipment needs and repairs. Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing and electrical systems, using handtools and power tools Ensures that infectious waste and confidential disposal contractors perform as scheduled. Assists Director, Environmental Services with environmental services work scheduling and special projects.
Education / Licensure:
This position previous housekeeping and/or healthcare environmental services experience is desired. High school diploma or GED equivalent is desirable.
1) Organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines; 2) skilled telephone etiquette and paging procedures; 3) knowledge of basic environmental services duties; 4) knowledge in universal precautions; 5) effective oral and written communication.
Timely renew and maintain cardiopulmonary resuscitation for the healthcare professional certification, annual professional skills verification and “Handle with Care” (psychiatric crisis management) certification.
Note: In support of PVBH’s quality requirements, we require a post-offer drug screen, physical, criminal background review and conduct original source verification of degrees/certifications of all candidates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. In accordance with hospital policies, washes beds and mattresses and remakes bed after dismissal of patients.
2. Maintains utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition.
3. Attentive to infection control standards, transports soiled linen to storage area and distributes laundered articles and items.
4. Sweeps, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors. Work is performed with careful attention to slips/fall risks during and after cleaning floors.
5. Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies.
6. Dust’s furniture and equipment.
7. Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, door panels and sills.
8. Empties wastebaskets, transports trash and waste to disposal area.
9. Practice’s standard/universal precautions and environmental safety guidelines, including instructions upon MSDS for materials encountered during task completion.
10. Complies with established measures for infection control, OSHA regulations and Safety/Risk Management plans, policies and procedures.
11. Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment and physical structures.
12. Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
13. Maintains utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition.
14. Dismantles defective equipment and repairs or installs new equipment.
15. Attentive to infection control standards, cleans and lubricates machine parts.
16. Removes dust, dirt, grease and waste material from machines and equipment.
17. Patches and repairs plaster or plasterboard and paints walls, ceilings and trim of building.
18. Clears clogged drains and replaces plumbing equipment.
19. Practices standard/universal precautions and environmental safety guidelines, including instructions upon MSDS for materials encountered during task completion.
20. Complies with established measures for infection control, OSHA regulations and Safety/Risk Management plans, policies and procedures.
21. Coordinates confidential document and infectious waste disposal with contractors.
22. Assists with maintaining hospital Material Safety Data Sheet binders.
23. Assists Director, Environmental Services with conducting environmental/performance improvement rounds.
1. Champions the AIDET approach to customer service (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank-You). Models a steady practice of AIDET throughout the customer experience. In-person and telephone communication is consistently attentive, responsive and reflects “helpfulness”.
2. Professional awareness and boundaries are observed.
3. Telephones are answered by the third ring whenever possible along with a professional greeting. Dedicated extensions/mobile phones with voice mail have a personalized greeting and messages retrieved/responded to in a timely manner.
4. Critical customer encounters are met with advanced skills and timely resolution. Understands how to escalate concerns when beyond the department’s scope.
Note: SBH reserves the right to adjust the above duties and make assignments to specific areas appropriate to this position and in support of the facility’s operational requirements.
DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Environment: Located in an indoor climate controlled environment with constant exposure to patients with a psychiatric diagnosis along with medical complications. Water and cleaning equipment introduces risk for slips/falls. Use of trained safety precautions and proper slip resistant footwear can greatly diminish these risks. Patient acuity will at times increase environmental stressors and sound volume.
Sight: Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Hearing: Must be able to hear and respond to others in person, by telephone, alarms and to medical equipment/devices.
OSHA Category 1: Task occasionally may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue and other potentially infectious materials. The use of universal precautions, personal protective equipment, regular hand washing, and following manufacturing guidelines can greatly reduce exposure risk.
Physical: This position requires regular sitting, stooping, standing, walking and lifting/reaching/carrying materials up to 35 lbs. Psychiatric emergencies require the use of safe physical techniques to lift and/or move patients in excess of 100lbs. Employees are urged to use slip resistant footwear in wet are damp areas and follow lifting guidelines.
Peak View Behavioral Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)