Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) Colorado is seeking a full-time Development Officer to join a dedicated team of 11. The position will be based out of Colorado Springs and will serve the southern Colorado cities of Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Canon City, and surrounding communities.
MADD Colorado works to save lives and support victims and survivors of drunk and drug-impaired crashes. We strive to give a voice to people victimized by injustice and to provide support services to victims and survivors at no charge. By partnering with Law Enforcement, and through advocacy, education, and technology, MADD has saved more than 4,000 lives in our state, and we continue to move closer to the end of drunk driving. Additionally, MADD works to educate youth and their parents about the dangers of underage drinking.
We are seeking an experienced fundraiser and network builder with passion, leadership, and expertise to generate funds and resources to make this important work happen. The Development Officer will lead MADD Colorado's philanthropy efforts in southern Colorado. Fundraising efforts include peer-to peer fundraising, individual giving, corporate sponsorship acquisition, and participation in designated community giving days. This position will be expected to take over and grow an already successful 5K walk event, and launch both a Law Enforcement Appreciation luncheon and a fundraising breakfast. In addition, the Development Officer will seek to identify ways to collaborate with partners and build relationships in southern Colorado, as well as ways to promote MADD’s mission.
This position will be working remotely and will report to the Senior Development Officer in the Colorado State office based in Denver. Work will be performed out of the candidate’s home and at various locations throughout the community. Occasional travel to the Colorado State office in Denver will be required, as well as attending some events throughout the state.
MADD offers a competitive salary of $50,000/annually and exceptional benefits, generous time off, sick leave, accommodating weather closure policy, and a business casual environment.
The Development Officer is responsible, at the local level, for the development, oversight, execution, and monitoring of a diversified comprehensive fund development and public awareness plan, aligned with MADD's strategic plan. This position ensures effective and aggressive growth in fund development through core strategies which are committed to fulfilling MADD's mission, including but not limited to: corporate and foundation solicitation, individual giving, third party fundraising events, honor/memorial giving, and fund raising programs. The Development Officer fosters a culture of philanthropy within MADD Colorado and will be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
• Plan and produce core fundraisers aligned with MADD's strategic plan, including marketing, managing and executing logistics for all fundraising activities.
• Research, develop and cultivate a dynamic prospect list including revenue projections and secured sponsorships.
• Develop, implement and manage fundraising strategies according to the annual development plan and strategy budgets, goals and objectives.
• Actively network through community organizations as appropriate to support fund development.
• Implement activities to integrate MADD programs/services with participants of MADD's core fundraisers.
• Responsible for fulfillment of all local and national sponsorship benefits, according to the sponsorship agreement.
• Develop and implement a fundraising volunteer recruitment plan to assure adequate volunteer resources for all fundraising activities.
• Research public and private foundations to identify unrestricted sources of revenue.
• Proactively and consistently communicate to supervisor and team on the progress of core fundraisers.
• Manage contract and agreement procedures to ensure successful fundraising implementation.
• Other duties as required.