PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica is one of the nation's largest institutional pharmacy companies. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in 45 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica facility in Colorado Springs is recruiting a Full-Time Pharmacy Tech I to join our team. The Full-Tim Pharmacy Tech I assists with drug preparation and dispensing under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist and in accordance with state pharmacy regulations.
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy.
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels.
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding.
- May reconcile and fill EDK (Emergency Drug Kit) boxes.
- Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy.
- May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory.
- May process returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required: HS diploma or equivalent
- Desired: Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician; previous experience in a long term care pharmacy
- Required: Ability to operate a computer
- Desired: Ability to recognize and identify medications
- Required: Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, oral communication
- Licenses/Certifications as required by government regulations and business needs
- Must be available to work Mon – Fri between the hours of 11am-730pm some weekends