Please note: candidates MUST complete the application for this position found on ppld.org in order to be considered for this position.
(40 hours per week, non-exempt)
Position # 171749201
DATE POSTED: March 22, 2023
LOCATION: 20 N Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903
STARTING WAGE: $17.85 - 21.86 per hour + full benefits (for benefits information, please see: http://ppld.org/jobs/benefits)
POSITION HOURS: 40 hours per week per the following schedule:
Flexible scheduling based on programming and library requirements.
Monday – Friday : 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
On call rotation approximately every 7th week for one week.
Note: Regular schedule may be subject to minor changes due to required meetings, training events, etc. Also, management may require modifications to a position’s schedule, days, times and locations at any time as the needs of the Library District change.
1. Complete a PPLD online application located at ppld.org/Jobs at the Application Tab
2. Attachments should be submitted online in the following file types: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .htm
3. If you require an accommodation to complete your job application, please contact the Human Resources Office at (719) 531 - 6333, ext. 6380 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: This position is Open until filled. Preference will be given to application materials received by May 29, 2023 at 9:59 p.m.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
All selected candidates…
§ are required to complete a Department of Homeland Security I-9 Form at the time of hire and must be able to provide acceptable documentation in order to verify his/her legal right to be employed in the U.S. (pursuant to
the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986). Pikes Peak Library District participates in E-Verify.
§ are subject to a full reference and background investigation including verification of identification (including verification of Social Security number using USCIS E-Verify), education, former employment, and criminal history.
§ may be uniformly tested for job-related skills and required physical abilities.
§ may be required to undergo a physical examination after a job offer is extended in order to ensure that the job’s physical requirements are met.
§ must understand and comply with PPLD’s drug-free workplace policy.
§ understand and agree that they have been hired at the will of the employer and that employment may be terminated at any time, with or without reason, and with or without notice.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pikes Peak Library District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation including gender expression, military status, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. The library reserves the right to hire more than one person per advertised vacancy.
Position Summary: Operates in a diverse environment to help fulfill the Library’s mission by maintaining multi-site facilities, equipment, grounds, and general appearance of PPLD assets. Duties include general housekeeping as well as skilled craft operations.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Provides courteous and knowledgeable customer service to staff, external contacts, vendors and contractors.
· Maintains and repairs systems controls for Library District facilities; may train other technicians in these operations.
· Performs installation, assembly, and repair of machinery and electrical equipment.
· Performs wood and metal fabrication, plumbing and electrical work, and other skilled labor as required.
· Performs repair and maintenance on library vehicles; maintains vehicle repair and maintenance records.
· Assists Facilities Supervisor in training, scheduling and providing work direction to other facilities personnel.
· Moves and delivers equipment and books throughout the Library District.
· Performs housekeeping duties such as clearing litter, stocking paper supplies and cleaning carpet/upholstery.
· Responsible for grounds keeping duties, including snow removal.
· Performs meeting room set-ups and tear-downs, including furniture and equipment placement, trash removal, and furniture repair.
· May perform courier and shipping/receiving duties: receives, unpacks, counts and examines arriving shipments. Verifies completeness against shipping documents, checks for damaged goods and maintains related paperwork.
· Performs repairs requested through the electronic Facilities Work Order system.
· Participates in emergency/on-call schedule.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Duties are considered non-essential and include the following:
· Acts as floater to fill in at any location when needed due to illness or vacation.
· Participates in special projects as assigned, including renovations or large scale painting projects.
· May assist with coordination of building entry systems, including recordkeeping, keys, and codes.
· May make bank deposits for branch libraries.
· May participate on Library District teams.
· Attends regular department meetings and scheduled All-staff meetings.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The employee is expected to perform or possess the following:
· Knowledge of the Pikes Peak Library District’s policies and procedures and ability to follow them.
· Ability to act as an ambassador of Pikes Peak Library District by promoting its mission and vision.
· Demonstrates basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical systems, and minor building repair.
· Basic knowledge of commercial HVAC systems preferred.
· Basic knowledge of first level auto repair preferred.
· Demonstrates ability to read and understand blueprints, construction/architectural drawings and plans.
· Demonstrates ability to react professionally to maintenance and construction problems and to calmly react to crisis situations.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Maintains effective relationships with contractors, vendors, and staff at all levels.
· Demonstrates ability to effectively use applications software, including Microsoft Word, and Outlook, along with standard office equipment.
· Demonstrates ability to work effectively as a team member, organize daily work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-rich environment.
Education and Experience:
1. Requires high school diploma or G.E.D.
2. Requires a minimum of one year of job related experience in a facilities or construction environment.
3. Training for OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen certification will be required.
4. HVAC certification preferred.
5. Requires passing of a Post Offer Pre-employment Physical test.
6. Valid Colorado driver’s license required.
7. Bilingual ability is a plus in serving a diverse community.
8. Drivers of the Bookmobile must also adhere to Department of Transportation requirements.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is conducted in a variety of settings, including a typical office that provides comfortable lighting, temperature and air conditions. Position regularly requires working in construction or repair areas that may include noise, cleaning chemicals, or other hazards. Position requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to reach, bend, climb, twist and squat. Position requires the ability to lift up to 65 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations. Position also requires exposure to potential hazards, including heights, electrical and chemical hazards. Position requires working in all exterior weather conditions.