Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Entry-Level Adjusters (Property or Non-Injury Auto) for our Colorado Springs contact center.
Please note that our campus is located at 1855 Telstar Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80920.
As an Entry-Level Adjuster (Property or Non-Injury Auto) for USAA, you will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and adjust low to moderately complex claims presented by or against our insureds to confirm coverage, determine legal liability and equitably settle/defend in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. You will work under direct supervision to perform routine work assignments and problem resolution. You will recognize life events, understand member's needs and provide advice to deliver appropriate solutions to the member. This position is in the contact center environment and does not require any travel or work outside the office.
Click on link below to watch USAA Claims Careers Spotlight:
- Provides claims service via internal channels (phone/fax/email/mail) to members and third-party customers.
- Adjusts low to moderately complex Auto or Property claims.
- Acquires and applies basic knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages and the USAA claim handling process and procedures.
- Seeks guidance from team members to resolve issues and identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- Partners with and/or directs vendors and internal business partners to facilitate claims resolution.
- Contributes to business goals, performance metrics, and effectively uses tools & technology.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated catastrophic events.
- Full schedule availability is needed Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Training includes New Employee Orientation, Licensing, Enterprise Knowledge, Pipeline training and On-the-job-training.
- Licensing training is provided. You must pass a licensing exam and can become licensed in all applicable states. USAA will provide the study and training environment to assist you with the licensing exam.
- Employees must successfully complete a training program. USAA training programs include classroom instruction, computer-based lessons, and instructor-led activities with systems simulations.
- Employees attending training are expected to meet USAA's established standards for performance, attendance and conduct.
- Property Claims Adjuster: Full schedule availability to work a 5 day, 40-hour work week between Sunday – Saturday, 8:00 AM – 7:30 PM.
- Non-Injury Auto Claims Adjuster: Full schedule availability to work a 5 day, 40-hour work week Monday – Friday, 11:00 AM – 7:30 PM.
- Schedules are based upon business needs
- A 30% shift premium pay applies to work hours scheduled after 6:00 PM, Monday-Friday and weekends
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Up to 1 year of customer contact experience
- This position will require an Insurance Adjuster's license. You must pass a licensing exam and can become licensed in all applicable states. USAA will provide the study and training environment to assist you with the licensing exam.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ months of claims adjusting experience or 1 year of recent USAA customer service experience working in a member contact capacity or military experience
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Experience in an inbound phone-intensive, contact center environment using a headset
- Computer literacy in a Windows operation environment
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.