- Planning and execution of technical projects to drive continuous improvement projects.
- Analyze, summarize and integrate project results with other project members.
- Design, coordinate, and perform experiments to develop new processes and improve manufacturing techniques.
- Lead team activities to reduce variation in all critical processes, with Cpk’s ≤ 1.67.
- Lead team activities to solve process and device problems.
- Apply planning and problem-solving tools such as PFMEA, fault tree analysis, and event tree analysis in team settings.
- Provide training and technical direction to support personnel.
- Establish and document equipment and process operating specifications.
- Develop Out of Control Action Plans, Troubleshooting Guides and Corrective Action assignments for process failure modes.
- Provide disposition to affected processes, tools, and lots when necessary.
- Solves complex process integration problems in both team environments and as an individual contributor.
- Communicate regularly with management and other functional groups within Microchip to ensure understanding of needs/problems in relation to the process engineering function. Prepare and present reports to management.
- Interact with other technical groups throughout Microchip and elsewhere to exchange technical information and remain abreast of new developments in the field.
- Regularly present project status and experimental results to yield and process engineering group.
- Actively engage with Microchip Learning Center to learn the specifics of process flows as well as company culture and expectations.
- Wellness & Medical Benefits effective on your First Day of Employment
- Gold Standard in Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Free on-site medical clinic staffed by a licensed and certified Nurse Practitioner.
- On-site fitness center
- Quarterly Employee Cash Bonus Plan
- Restricted Stock Grant
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
Paid Time Off
- Vacation Pay
- Absence Time - "Sick Pay"
- 10 Paid Holidays
Mathematical and Scientific Skills
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, trigonometry, calculus, matrices, solid state, and device physics.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and analysis to practical situations.
- Apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and principles of algebra.
- Apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, and correlation techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally with all levels of an organization and lead problem solving/quality improvement activities.
- Define problems/issues, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Deal with several abstract and concrete variables and with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases.
Education / Experience
BS, BA, MS, or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Material Science.
Travel Time:0% - 25%
Physical Attributes:Bending at Waist, Carrying, Crouching, Dust or gases, Electrical Hazards, Feeling, Fumes or Odors, Handling, Hearing, Kneeling, Lifting, Mechanical Hazards, Noise and/or vibration, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Seeing, Stooping, Talking, Works Alone, Works Around Others
Physical Requirements:Able to lift, push, pull approx. 50 lbs; carry 50 lbs; sit 5%; stand 60%; walk 35%