This position will be responsible for correcting plant and equipment mechanical and electrical breakdowns. The role will be the first port of call for operational equipment stoppages. It is expected this person will diagnose equipment faults and implement corrective action as quickly as is possible to minimize disruption to plant operations. The person in this role will work with the site engineer to implement root cause analysis and corrective actions for ongoing equipment faults.
It is expected that this function will not initially require a full commitment of hours for the role. Actual time spent on breakdowns and general maintenance functions will likely be erratic in the early stages of the factory operation. Therefore, the person in this role will be required to perform other work functions which may include but not be limited to the following, packing machine operation, product batch making, and warehouse operations including forklift operations.
1. Attend to and rectify plant and equipment malfunction/breakdowns
2. Work with operators to diagnose machine problems and implement solutions
3. Actively involved in operator machine training as determined
4. Carry out preventative maintenance on all production equipment as per an agreed preventative maintenance program
5. Maintain the workshop area in a highly organised state and that excellent housekeeping standards are applied
6. Participate in operational improvement projects as directed
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org