At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Are you a creative and strategic leader who thrives in an autonomous setting? Do you enjoy developing and maintaining relationships with customers and collaborating with others to drive business growth? Do you have a passion for developing others, while continually developing yourself? Come join our team, based in the Colorado Springs, CO area, as a District Service Manager.
As a District Service Manager (DSM) you will provide exceptional Customer service, leadership and talent management to a full-service district by driving a Customer First culture. As a DSM you will be responsible for the growth and profitability of the district by driving service revenue and sale partnerships with an annual revenue value of $3M - $6M. You will also develop a high performing service team that drives Customer Satisfaction and revenue growth. Further, you play an intergral part in recruiting, training, developing and retaining top talent. Safety is critical to our success and as a DSM you will ensure all safety protocols and requirements are adhered to at all times. You will be expected to attain or exceed established business objectives, utilizing strong leadership skills to motivate and lead the combined efforts of the service team. You will also effectively deploy STERIS resources in the best interests of our stakeholders (shareholders, employees, Customers).
What will you do as a District Service Manager?
- Own Customer Satisfaction and revenue attainment in the district. Develop financial forecasts and track financial performance to ensure profitability of service business. Build Customer relationships and represent service in critical Customer meetings, sales opportunities, and in the resolution of escalations that require the presence of a leader.
- Assure quality of the Customer experience through efficient deployment of resources, frequent Customer contact, and adherence to Corporate and Service quality initiatives.
- Ensure Customer satisfaction through quality field service processes that maximize technician productivity and efficiency. This includes proactively identifying customer needs and timely escalation of issues to Service Engineering or Area Vice Presidents as appropriate with recommended solutions.
- Enforce current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of equipment, auto maintenance programs, and other polices as required.
- Ensure STERIS is represented in a professional manner while at Customer sites.
- Responsible for leading a geographically dispersed service team.
- Own talent management and talent acquisition to ensure Customer business expectations are met.
- Monitor and manage employee performance during field visits.
- Provide feedback, coaching and timely performance discussions and appraisals.
- Execute disciplinary action as required within the assigned territory.
- Act as a liaison between the company and the field to be a conduit for positive and constructive feedback.
- Consistently set expectations of performance for the District and the Region which includes frequent communication of milestones.
- Work with technicians, responsible for maximizing service contracts within assigned area to drive success.
- Maintain intimate knowledge of contract obligations to Customers and develop procedures to ensure timely execution.
- Motivate and educate technicians to play active role in providing sales leads and monitoring contract status.
- Develop financial forecasts and track financial performance to ensure profitability.
- Implement protocols and procedures as required ensuring cost effective delivery of service quality.
- Deliver targeted financial performance for the district.
- Complete Customer needs analysis and generate solutions with quotes to meet the identified Customer needs. This includes negotiation, pricing, and renewal management for new and existing business.
- Work closely with Sales to facilitate capital, consumable, and service sales joint account planning to maximize the STERIS “Share of Wallet.”
- Work within the region to promote and secure new business.
- Attain or exceed established operational objectives through the combined efforts of the STERIS team.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, budgeting, and supervising technical personnel for assigned area, to fully satisfy Customer’s service needs.
- Responsible for the prompt and accurate submission of expense reports, time cards, service tickets, accounts payable, billing transmittals, and other administrative requirements as assigned by supervisor.
- Recommend and/or approve purchases of equipment, parts supply, etc. for assigned district.
- Ensure proper maintenance and calibration of tools, test equipment, and other related assigned equipment.
What Skills, Abilities and Education are needed?
The ideal candidate drives Customer solution-focused practices, that achieve business growth through industry leading service talent. This is a critical role in driving Customer retention and business growth, through collaboration with Sales, Installation, Engineering, and other business unit stakeholders. You will utilize your leadership and exceptional change management skills to ensure current objectives are met, while positioning your Customers, and our teams for future success. As a STERIS leader, you are a talent champion in attracting, developing, and engaging teams to build Customer trust, achieve performance targets and navigate changing priorities. This role requires proven coaching and performance management competencies that empower employees to do their best work, and support change initiatives to drive optimum outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of experience, including 2 years leading teams. In lieu of degree, 14 years’ relevant work experience, including relevant leadership experience (includes military leadership roles) will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge in resource planning, managing employee performance, and basic P&L/budget reporting.
- Demonstrated experience leading a region, district, or territory with multiple direct reports.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel around 60% of the time, including overnight stays to attend Customer meetings and support team development.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook, and strong competency in learning & supporting teams with new technology tools (Apps, SharePoint).
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Experience leading field teams (managing virtually) preferred.
- Continuous Improvement training or proven results a plus.
- Strong business acumen, and related experience in data analysis, budget management and change management preferred.
What STERIS can offer you!
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, global company that will invest in your career growth over the long term. STERIS wouldn’t be where it is today without our incredible, talented people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Base salary plus incentive/bonus opportunity
- Car and cell phone stipend
- Business travel and all related expenses paid
- Excellent medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Excellent opportunities for advancement
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.